TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Cedar Springs (Dallas) Delivery

Discussion in 'Texas' started by louisTM3, Aug 24, 2018.

1. louisTM3

louisTM3 Member

Please share your delivery experience or the hoops you are going through for the upcoming delivery at the Cedar Springs delivery center. Tips, lessons learned and things to look out for are extremely welcome.

Thanks in advance!

• Like x 1
  2. quaa

quaa Member

I would like to know too. I'm paid up as of yesterday, Delivery date Sept. 12 @ Cedar Springs

3. louisTM3

louisTM3 Member

Here's my story:

3/31/16 online reservation
    4/17/18 Invite
    7/27/18 Configured
    8/13/18 Fully paid and scheduled for 8/28 delivery
    8/14/18 MVPA signed by both Tesla and me
    8/20/18 Called to confirm delivery and was told it's delayed, rescheduled for 9/4.

4. stillageek

stillageek Member

We picked up our X there February 2017. No issues. Only tip was the first stop was Discount Tire around the corner to buy their road hazard warranty. I plan to do the same whenever Tesla decides to ship my 3 Performance.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I have picked up two Model S’s and one Model 3 there and have always had stellar delivery experiences.

6. JasJ

JasJ Supporting Member

Discount Tire Direct is another option for road hazard. No need to go into the store and they will email you the certs. Same parent company (or maybe even the same company). The local stores will honor the road hazard.

• Informative x 1
  7. japhule

japhule Member

Car delivered as scheduled on 8/4. Called on 8/3 to confirm 8/4 appointment and that car would be ready. Not contact from Tesla about delivery from when I set delivery date with ISA on 7/17 until I called on 8/3. Sounds like I lucked out.

• Informative x 1
  8. louisTM3

louisTM3 Member

Definitely looks like no news is good news with Tesla deliveries…

9. Koob

Koob Member

I too have a delivery scheduled on 9/12. Was wondering if they will get the car early.

10. louisTM3

louisTM3 Member

Has the car left Fremont yet? If so I think you have a good shot.

11. louisTM3

louisTM3 Member

Update for my delivery…

On 8/27 afternoon my IDA told me my car was 'planning its trip' and will be leaving soon and on 8/29 afternoon the 888 customer service (couldn't raise my IDA) told me that the car is 'in transit to the service center'. So the car must have left sometimes between then.

I checked my VIN on United Roads and no luck so it's either via rail or another carrier on truck, I plan to find out more today. Hopefully my 9/7 pick up at Cedar Springs will hold…

Does anyone know what other carriers does Tesla use besides United Roads?

12. jprac80

jprac80 Member

Mine has been sitting at the Dallas Rail hub since 8/15 with initial delivery for 8/21. It has been delayed and currently haven't heard anything about a new delivery date. I hope you get yours and I hope it is perfectly flawless!

13. Sneakerbuddy

Sneakerbuddy Member

I live near the Cedar Springs DC and stop by often. Lately have seen these VIN's: with no apparent issues:
    37579, 39226, 34077, 39065, 59873, 36049, 53511, 3x992, 47258, 53511, 59885, 30797, 59131, 35520, 54008, 70869, 35287, 56970, 43449
    35253 - this has been there over two weeks.
    34348 - said 'needs work' at one point but now gone.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  14. Sneakerbuddy

Sneakerbuddy Member

What VIN is assigned to you?

15. jprac80

jprac80 Member

16. bgdavid

bgdavid Member

Configured July 8th
    Paid and completed all paperwork and received MVPA 8/10/2018
    Delivery Date set for Aug 28th
    Received phone call on Aug 23rd saying vehicle was delayed because of logistics and will have to come by rail
    New Delivery date now September 13th or earlier if arrives early
    Trying to find out exactly where my M3 RWD, BLue, EAP is the best my ISA can do is to tell me that it is in Chicago because it had to go to Chicago to then be trucked to Dallas.
    I have tried to call the Delivery Center, as though my ISA is good at following up when I ask questions, he does not give me concrete answers except reassurances that my M3 will be arriving on time. The Delivery Center phone is never answered, just goes to voicemail - I have called 3 times and they never get back to me despite saying they will return the call within 24 hours.
    I am obviously nervous like so many others on these forums and wondered if anyone has any advice on getting more concrete answers to questions like where exactly is my M3 and when will it ship and with whom?
    Thanks

17. louisTM3

louisTM3 Member

@bgdavid ,

Folks at the delivery center won't have any better info for you except read of they see on their screen, just like the 1-888 customer service people. Your best bet is to get info out of your IDA/ISA and if you are not satisfies with him/her you can ask the 1-888 customer service rep to elevate your case to the inside delivery supervisor or even the manager. I had to do that with my delivery because my IDA was flaky so they found a supervisor to help.

Your timeline is pretty similar to mine: paid off on 8/13, MVPA received on 8/14, first delivery date 8/28, delayed to 9/4, then to 9/7 (upon my rrqureq because my IDA was not certain the car will arrive on time). The car was shipped sometime between 8/27 and 8/29, got an email from Cedar Springs on 8/31 to notify my car has arrived. My final delivery appointment is set for 9/6 at 9:30 am.

18. sabeeeeen

sabeeeeen New Member

Configured July 13th
    Paid and completed all paperwork by July 31st
    Delivery Date set for Aug 22nd
    Got an email at 5 pm the day before saying it needs to be rescheduled for Sept 6 because of "logistical issues"
    Got an email this morning saying because of existing issues, now needs to be scheduled for September 22???

I'm just really frustrated and I have tried calling my IDA and no response as of yet.
    And what is with the "issues" coming to light just 1-2 days before the delivery?
    Any advice?

19. louisTM3

louisTM3 Member

20. sabeeeeen

sabeeeeen New Member

Thanks so much!!