Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cedar Springs (Dallas) Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please share your delivery experience or the hoops you are going through for the upcoming delivery at the Cedar Springs delivery center. Tips, lessons learned and things to look out for are extremely welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: quaa
Please share your delivery experience or the hoops you are going through for the upcoming delivery at the Cedar Springs delivery center. Tips, lessons learned and things to look out for are extremely welcome.

Thanks in advance!
I would like to know too. I'm paid up as of yesterday, Delivery date Sept. 12 @ Cedar Springs

I would like to know too. I'm paid up as of yesterday, Delivery date Sept. 12 @ Cedar Springs

Here's my story:

3/31/16 online reservation
4/17/18 Invite
7/27/18 Configured
8/13/18 Fully paid and scheduled for 8/28 delivery
8/14/18 MVPA signed by both Tesla and me
8/20/18 Called to confirm delivery and was told it's delayed, rescheduled for 9/4.

We picked up our X there February 2017. No issues. Only tip was the first stop was Discount Tire around the corner to buy their road hazard warranty. I plan to do the same whenever Tesla decides to ship my 3 Performance.

Discount Tire Direct is another option for road hazard. No need to go into the store and they will email you the certs. Same parent company (or maybe even the same company). The local stores will honor the road hazard.

• Informative
Reactions: gravastar
Update for my delivery…

On 8/27 afternoon my IDA told me my car was 'planning its trip' and will be leaving soon and on 8/29 afternoon the 888 customer service (couldn't raise my IDA) told me that the car is 'in transit to the service center'. So the car must have left sometimes between then.

I checked my VIN on United Roads and no luck so it's either via rail or another carrier on truck, I plan to find out more today. Hopefully my 9/7 pick up at Cedar Springs will hold…

Does anyone know what other carriers does Tesla use besides United Roads?

Update for my delivery…

On 8/27 afternoon my IDA told me my car was 'planning its trip' and will be leaving soon and on 8/29 afternoon the 888 customer service (couldn't raise my IDA) told me that the car is 'in transit to the service center'. So the car must have left sometimes between then.

I checked my VIN on United Roads and no luck so it's either via rail or another carrier on truck, I plan to find out more today. Hopefully my 9/7 pick up at Cedar Springs will hold…

Does anyone know what other carriers does Tesla use besides United Roads?

Mine has been sitting at the Dallas Rail hub since 8/15 with initial delivery for 8/21. It has been delayed and currently haven't heard anything about a new delivery date. I hope you get yours and I hope it is perfectly flawless!

I live near the Cedar Springs DC and stop by often. Lately have seen these VIN's: with no apparent issues:
37579, 39226, 34077, 39065, 59873, 36049, 53511, 3x992, 47258, 53511, 59885, 30797, 59131, 35520, 54008, 70869, 35287, 56970, 43449
35253 - this has been there over two weeks.
34348 - said 'needs work' at one point but now gone.

Configured July 8th
Paid and completed all paperwork and received MVPA 8/10/2018
Delivery Date set for Aug 28th
Received phone call on Aug 23rd saying vehicle was delayed because of logistics and will have to come by rail
New Delivery date now September 13th or earlier if arrives early
Trying to find out exactly where my M3 RWD, BLue, EAP is the best my ISA can do is to tell me that it is in Chicago because it had to go to Chicago to then be trucked to Dallas.
I have tried to call the Delivery Center, as though my ISA is good at following up when I ask questions, he does not give me concrete answers except reassurances that my M3 will be arriving on time. The Delivery Center phone is never answered, just goes to voicemail - I have called 3 times and they never get back to me despite saying they will return the call within 24 hours.
I am obviously nervous like so many others on these forums and wondered if anyone has any advice on getting more concrete answers to questions like where exactly is my M3 and when will it ship and with whom?
Thanks

@bgdavid ,

Folks at the delivery center won't have any better info for you except read of they see on their screen, just like the 1-888 customer service people. Your best bet is to get info out of your IDA/ISA and if you are not satisfies with him/her you can ask the 1-888 customer service rep to elevate your case to the inside delivery supervisor or even the manager. I had to do that with my delivery because my IDA was flaky so they found a supervisor to help.

Your timeline is pretty similar to mine: paid off on 8/13, MVPA received on 8/14, first delivery date 8/28, delayed to 9/4, then to 9/7 (upon my rrqureq because my IDA was not certain the car will arrive on time). The car was shipped sometime between 8/27 and 8/29, got an email from Cedar Springs on 8/31 to notify my car has arrived. My final delivery appointment is set for 9/6 at 9:30 am.

Thanks in advance!

Configured July 13th
Paid and completed all paperwork by July 31st
Delivery Date set for Aug 22nd
Got an email at 5 pm the day before saying it needs to be rescheduled for Sept 6 because of "logistical issues"
Got an email this morning saying because of existing issues, now needs to be scheduled for September 22???

I'm just really frustrated and I have tried calling my IDA and no response as of yet.
And what is with the "issues" coming to light just 1-2 days before the delivery?
Any advice?