TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

"Celebration", FL Supercharger at 6240 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy.; Kissimmee, FL 34747

Discussion in 'Florida' started by EOppie, Apr 5, 2019.

1. EOppie

EOppie Member

So I can't locate a permit yet however this definitely appears to be an EV charger. Based on the oval bases, it does look Tesla-ish, but I can't see anything to confirm.

This is kinda close to the Kissimmee charger that is under permit at the WaWa on 192, but it has stated a Celebration Supercharger was in the works online.

IMG_20190405_193600.jpg IMG_20190405_193646.jpg IMG_20190405_193852.jpg

• Like x 3
  2. mociaf9

mociaf9 Member

Location/Address? It does look like a supercharger.

3. EOppie

EOppie Member

Yep, it's a supercharger. Confirmed via the permit once I got home. Issued on the 3rd. This is located in the Shoppes at Celebration Place, 6240 W IRLO BRONSON MEM HWY, KISSIMMEE FL 34747.

Accela Citizen Access

Licensed Professional:
    JOHN J RACK [email protected]
    RACK ELECTRIC
    153 NW 16 STREET
    BOCA RATON, FL, 33431
    Home Phone:
    Mobile Phone:
    ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR EC13002600
    Project Description:
    COMM-Electrical
    ELECTRICAL 1 SERVICE 6 ADDITIONAL # P19-000801 INSTALLATION OF TESLA ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING EQUIPMENT TO INCLUDE 8 CHARGING POSTS 4 CHARGING CABINETS 1 SWITCHGEAR ASSEMBLY 4 AUTO TRANSFORMERS 1 UTILITY TRANSFORMER AND 1 ELECTRIC METER ON H FRAME

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. BBryson

BBryson Member

That's Applebee's in Celebration. I've had lunch there often.

Link

• Like x 1
  5. EOppie

EOppie Member

Yep! Right next to the Applebees and Five Guys. Stalls will back up to the conservation.

6. mociaf9

mociaf9 Member

@EOppie posted a link to the permits for this location on Supercharge.info's forum:

Osceola County Building Permit: P19-000801
    Address: 6240 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy.; Kissimmee, FL 34747
    GPS: 28.331356, -81.532453

Description: INSTALLATION OF TESLA ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING EQUIPMENT TO INCLUDE 8 CHARGING POSTS 4 CHARGING CABINETS 1 SWITCHGEAR ASSEMBLY 4 AUTO TRANSFORMERS 1 UTILITY TRANSFORMER AND 1 ELECTRIC METER ON H FRAME

Electrical Permit: A19-002086

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not sure on why the discrepancy between the permit address being listed as in Kissimmee and Google saying it's in Celebration, but this is probably the "Celebration" pin on Tesla's map. Strange that they'd put 2 superchargers so close to each other here as the permitting for another one in Kissimmee was just recently found a bit further west on Irlo Bronson (see https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/disney-kissimmee-area-supercharger-permit-wawa.146211/)

7. jrreno

jrreno Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile

I have never seen preformed bases like that at a Tesla Supercharger installation. If it is Tesla that’s a new innovation.

8. EOppie

EOppie Member

Is there any way to tell if this will be leveraging the newer supercharging technology?

• Disagree x 1
  9. DavidElg

DavidElg Member

Nice! This is the same location that has been rumored to be the Celebration Supercharger so it makes sense. This will undoubtedly be the most convenient charger to Disney once it's complete.

10. BBryson

BBryson Member

Celebration is not a municipality, just a large, well organized development.

11. mociaf9

mociaf9 Member

They've been using them for more than a year

12. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Sorry for the mix up with the supercharge.info dots - I saw this was one was W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway and incorrectly assumed it was the same one!

I've added them with the names below. Both locations showing up as being in Kissimmee on Google Maps, but seeing as Tesla calls this one "Celebration" I'll go with that. The western one is even further from Kissimmee so it doesn't make sense to called it that, so I named it "Four Corners". If locals disagree with these names, let me know and I'll adjust based on that. If any local forum mods agree with this they may want to rename the other thread to suit, so it is less confusing.

upload_2019-4-7_12-23-8.png

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  13. jrreno

jrreno Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile

So not in any that I have followed which are mainly East Coast. Do you have examples of some where these bases have been used? How deep into the ground do they go?

14. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

No. Nobody knows if, when or where.

• Like x 1
  15. Cgoral

Cgoral Member

Since the permit shows 8 chargers and 4 electrical cabinets (which is typical for version 2 superchargers), I am going to assume that these chargers are sharing a power line and are version 2, not version 3 (version 3 doesn't share an electrical line).

16. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

Yes, it is likely that this is a version 2 Supercharger. However, just because a version 3 Supercharger terminal doesn't share the power of a Supercharger, that doesn't necessarily mean that there will be one Supercharger Cabinet per charging terminal. There still could be two individual Superchargers mounted within each Supercharger Cabinet, but each Supercharger is wired directly to a charging terminal. For example, Urban Superchargers do not share power between charging terminals either, but as in the case of regular version 2 Superchargers, there are still two individual 72 kW Superchargers mounted in a normal Supercharger Cabinet, but each Supercharger is wired directly to one charging terminal .

We wiIl need to see photos of the version 3 Supercharger gear before reaching any conclusions about how many Supercharger Cabinets will support version 3.

What we can be somewhat sure of is that the version 3 charging terminals, with liquid-cooled cables, will have thinner cables than the version 2 charging terminals.

If we can see a close-up, high resolution photo of the Supercharger Cabinets labels at the construction site, we will be able to read the kW capacity. For example, here is the labeling of the version 2 Superchargers at the Gainesville Supercharger Station which is close to being energized.

Gainesville Supercharger breaking ground 12b.jpg

Larry

17. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

Moderator's Note: I am going to follow this suggestion and declare this thread as the "Coming Soon" Celebration Supercharger Station as shown on the Find Us page. I've added the address for clarification.

In the absence of an official Tesla designation, I'm going to leave the other thread's title unchanged for now, but I've added the address for clarification.

Larry

18. EOppie

EOppie Member

More work completed. I didn't see a sticker on the switch gear for total KW, I will try to look in the daylight. IMG_20190412_222159.jpg IMG_20190412_222140.jpg MVIMG_20190412_221849.jpg IMG_20190412_222123.jpg IMG_20190412_222156.jpg IMG_20190412_222156.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 3
  19. DavidElg

DavidElg Member

Great photos. They really seem to be flying through this install. Wonder if it will even be completed before Gainsville :)

20. BBryson

BBryson Member

You never know. Construction time doesn't always relate to inspection time. I've noticed some Superchargers that get built quickly have the longest waiting time for inspection and final turn-up.

Even Las Vegas would have a difficult time setting odds on Supercharger Go-Live dates.