Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Celebration, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I can't locate a permit yet however this definitely appears to be an EV charger. Based on the oval bases, it does look Tesla-ish, but I can't see anything to confirm.

This is kinda close to the Kissimmee charger that is under permit at the WaWa on 192, but it has stated a Celebration Supercharger was in the works online.

IMG_20190405_193600.jpg
IMG_20190405_193646.jpg
IMG_20190405_193852.jpg

Yep, it's a supercharger. Confirmed via the permit once I got home. Issued on the 3rd. This is located in the Shoppes at Celebration Place, 6240 W IRLO BRONSON MEM HWY, KISSIMMEE FL 34747.

Accela Citizen Access

Licensed Professional:
JOHN J RACK [email protected]
RACK ELECTRIC
153 NW 16 STREET
BOCA RATON, FL, 33431
Home Phone:
Mobile Phone:
ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR EC13002600
Project Description:
COMM-Electrical
ELECTRICAL 1 SERVICE 6 ADDITIONAL # P19-000801 INSTALLATION OF TESLA ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING EQUIPMENT TO INCLUDE 8 CHARGING POSTS 4 CHARGING CABINETS 1 SWITCHGEAR ASSEMBLY 4 AUTO TRANSFORMERS 1 UTILITY TRANSFORMER AND 1 ELECTRIC METER ON H FRAME

@EOppie posted a link to the permits for this location on Supercharge.info's forum:

Osceola County Building Permit: P19-000801
Address: 6240 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy.; Kissimmee, FL 34747
GPS: 28.331356, -81.532453

Description: INSTALLATION OF TESLA ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING EQUIPMENT TO INCLUDE 8 CHARGING POSTS 4 CHARGING CABINETS 1 SWITCHGEAR ASSEMBLY 4 AUTO TRANSFORMERS 1 UTILITY TRANSFORMER AND 1 ELECTRIC METER ON H FRAME

Electrical Permit: A19-002086

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure on why the discrepancy between the permit address being listed as in Kissimmee and Google saying it's in Celebration, but this is probably the "Celebration" pin on Tesla's map. Strange that they'd put 2 superchargers so close to each other here as the permitting for another one in Kissimmee was just recently found a bit further west on Irlo Bronson (see https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/disney-kissimmee-area-supercharger-permit-wawa.146211/)

So I can't locate a permit yet however this definitely appears to be an EV charger. Based on the oval bases, it does look Tesla-ish, but I can't see anything to confirm.

This is kinda close to the Kissimmee charger that is under permit at the WaWa on 192, but it has stated a Celebration Supercharger was in the works online.

View attachment 394205 View attachment 394198 View attachment 394210
I have never seen preformed bases like that at a Tesla Supercharger installation. If it is Tesla that’s a new innovation.

@EOppie posted a link to the permits for this location on Supercharge.info's forum:

Osceola County Building Permit: P19-000801
Address: 6240 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy.; Kissimmee, FL 34747
GPS: 28.331356, -81.532453

Description: INSTALLATION OF TESLA ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING EQUIPMENT TO INCLUDE 8 CHARGING POSTS 4 CHARGING CABINETS 1 SWITCHGEAR ASSEMBLY 4 AUTO TRANSFORMERS 1 UTILITY TRANSFORMER AND 1 ELECTRIC METER ON H FRA
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure on why the discrepancy between the permit address being listed as in Kissimmee and Google saying it's in Celebration, but this is probably the "Celebration" pin on Tesla's map. Strange that they'd put 2 superchargers so close to each other here as the permitting for another one in Kissimmee was just recently found a bit further west on Irlo Bronson (see https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/disney-kissimmee-area-supercharger-permit-wawa.146211/)

Celebration is not a municipality, just a large, well organized development.

Sorry for the mix up with the supercharge.info dots - I saw this was one was W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway and incorrectly assumed it was the same one!

I've added them with the names below. Both locations showing up as being in Kissimmee on Google Maps, but seeing as Tesla calls this one "Celebration" I'll go with that. The western one is even further from Kissimmee so it doesn't make sense to called it that, so I named it "Four Corners". If locals disagree with these names, let me know and I'll adjust based on that. If any local forum mods agree with this they may want to rename the other thread to suit, so it is less confusing.

upload_2019-4-7_12-23-8.png

Since the permit shows 8 chargers and 4 electrical cabinets (which is typical for version 2 superchargers), I am going to assume that these chargers are sharing a power line and are version 2, not version 3 (version 3 doesn't share an electrical line).
Yes, it is likely that this is a version 2 Supercharger. However, just because a version 3 Supercharger terminal doesn't share the power of a Supercharger, that doesn't necessarily mean that there will be one Supercharger Cabinet per charging terminal. There still could be two individual Superchargers mounted within each Supercharger Cabinet, but each Supercharger is wired directly to a charging terminal. For example, Urban Superchargers do not share power between charging terminals either, but as in the case of regular version 2 Superchargers, there are still two individual 72 kW Superchargers mounted in a normal Supercharger Cabinet, but each Supercharger is wired directly to one charging terminal .

We wiIl need to see photos of the version 3 Supercharger gear before reaching any conclusions about how many Supercharger Cabinets will support version 3.

What we can be somewhat sure of is that the version 3 charging terminals, with liquid-cooled cables, will have thinner cables than the version 2 charging terminals.

If we can see a close-up, high resolution photo of the Supercharger Cabinets labels at the construction site, we will be able to read the kW capacity. For example, here is the labeling of the version 2 Superchargers at the Gainesville Supercharger Station which is close to being energized.

Gainesville Supercharger breaking ground 12b.jpg

Larry

• Informative
Reactions: RedOctober
Sorry for the mix up with the supercharge.info dots - I saw this was one was W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway and incorrectly assumed it was the same one!

I've added them with the names below. Both locations showing up as being in Kissimmee on Google Maps, but seeing as Tesla calls this one "Celebration" I'll go with that. The western one is even further from Kissimmee so it doesn't make sense to called it that, so I named it "Four Corners". If locals disagree with these names, let me know and I'll adjust based on that. If any local forum mods agree with this they may want to rename the other thread to suit, so it is less confusing.

View attachment 394460
Moderator's Note: I am going to follow this suggestion and declare this thread as the "Coming Soon" Celebration Supercharger Station as shown on the Find Us page. I've added the address for clarification.

In the absence of an official Tesla designation, I'm going to leave the other thread's title unchanged for now, but I've added the address for clarification.

Larry

Great photos. They really seem to be flying through this install. Wonder if it will even be completed before Gainsville :)

You never know. Construction time doesn't always relate to inspection time. I've noticed some Superchargers that get built quickly have the longest waiting time for inspection and final turn-up.

Even Las Vegas would have a difficult time setting odds on Supercharger Go-Live dates.