TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Celebrities with Model X

Discussion in 'Model X' started by AnOutsider, Dec 23, 2012.

Tags:
  1. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I'd just like to see a Model X. Not one of those mules driving about. But a Model X, please.

:)

2. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Can a moderator please move bonnie's post to the Obvious thread? :wink:

3. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r S85 since 12/8/12, X90 since 12/20/16

In this forum, that person would become a celebrity.

4. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

See above. :)

5. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Yes yes and yes!!!!!

6. EternalChampion

Rumor has it that the Ms. Piggy/Kermit breakup originated over a fight over Model X delays.

7. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

No, they were fighting over what Iago looks like.

(C'mon, think about it.....)

8. Footbag

Footbag Member

#28 Footbag, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Leo Laporte, a somewhat well known Tech Journalist, has a Model X on order. I happened to meet him this summer before he put in the order of the X. He was negative of the Model S at the time... surprisingly because as a Tech guy, he typically is all over any kind of new tech. His issues with the S were typical of the general public... only good in cities, no good in the winter (not a concern for him, but since I was from Canada, he mentioned it), range anxiety.
    A friend of his, I think the name is Jason Calacanis, who is a bit of a Tesla fan boy, did some convincing, and as a result, Leo put a deposit down on the X.

On one of his shows recently, he was pretty negative towards Tesla and the Model X...

A couple of time stamps where Tesla is discussed:
    14:20, he talks about maybe getting a Ford GT instead of the X
    14:35 it is discussed that Tesla might not have enough processing power behind their cars (slow map loading is mentioned)
    17:05 Leo thinks a Bolt may be a better car than the X (and he isn't worried about price, obviously it is fair to say it is a more affordable electric car option, but that isn't Leo's issue/concern)
    18:33 Leo says he'll give Tesla the deposit back to instead get a Bolt
    19:25 Discussion around supercharging, and local charging.

Anyway, thought this might be of interest to some. I'm a bit worried that if he does get the X, he may be the type to find things wrong with it, and not be shy about publicizing the issues (even if they are much ado about nothing... if he has real significant issues, go ahead and talk about them, but hopefully he doesn't make a big deal about, I don't know, the falcon doors closing at different speeds). If any Model X owners are around the Petaluma area, I'm sure he would be interested in meeting up to see if the car is right for him in advance or not...

9. DJung

DJung Member

Came across this on Reddit, seems like Amanda Seyfried is now a Model X owner. She posted this on Instagram:

Screenshot_20160113-114603.png

Instagram

10. hockeythug

hockeythug Active Member

#30 hockeythug, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Sounds like Leo. I have been done with him for a while.

11. highedu

highedu Member

12. bobbykansara

bobbykansara Member

I am a huge fan of hers! It would have been so perfect if she'd busted out an "Aye Carumba!" and someone else should have chimed in, "Don't have a cow!" Love it! Thanks for the share!

13. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing!

I showed it to family without revealing who it was. Then I had my son (who watches the Simpsons more than he should) close his eyes and played it again. His mouth fell open :)

14. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

That was awesome!.

15. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

I did notice that the FWD had a problem opening the first time. It started and stopped.

16. bobbykansara

bobbykansara Member

Saw that too. I chalked it up to user error, i.e. person doing the reveal clicked a few too many times on the fob. I accidentally do that to my garage door sometimes also. That's the optimist in me speaking.... ;)

17. Roamer

Roamer Member

My left door does exactly the same thing. I have to override open about half the time. I guess too sensitive is better than not sensitive enough. This may also be a software tweak needed or in work to improve the initial open. Minor problem and an override is pretty easy.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we will go thru a few service notices and software tweaks as more is learned about the doors. I have been holding off taking mine in for adjustment with the idea maybe the Service Center need more time to learn all the repair tricks.

Many off off us went thru the same evolution with early Model S pano roofs.

18. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

On Macbreak Weekly #491, Leo Laporte confesses to ordering a Tesla Model X.

Also, his decision methodology:

Leo Laporte on Twitter:

19. ImEric

ImEric Member

20. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

Oops... too late.