TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Cell phone bluetooth microphone quality and issues

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by ChargedUp, Apr 2, 2013.

1. ChargedUp

ChargedUp Member

I apologize if this was already posted. Even when I am getting a very strong cellphone signal, the people on the other end of the line almost always complainthat they cannot hear me and clearly. Theytell me the transmitting of my voice sounds really bad all the time. I always have to turn off the bluetooth anduse the cell phones internal speaker phone.
    I am using a Samsung Galaxy SIII on Verizon in OrangeCounty, CA integrated with the bluetooth of the Model S. I speak loudly, slowly and clearly and thatdoes not help. Tonight I am trying adifferent Galaxy SIII.
    Are there others with this issue? Is this something you know of that is beingaddressed?

2. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I just minutes ago made my first Bluetooth call (iPhone 4) and it sounded great on my end. The party I was talking to said it sounded great on their end, and I was at speed on the freeway. Now I was talking to Tesla Service making an appointment for my car, so I guess you can take the comments on call quality with a grain of salt.:wink:

3. steve841

steve841 Active Member

My buddy has an S3 with Verizon.... Omg... That phone is not happy on their network .... I have a Note2....

I did have some complaints of noise.... I re-paired the phone and all was good.

4. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

ChargedUp

I'm having the same problem with an iPhone 5. I know others do not, so I have suspected the microphone in the car. Will be having it looked at when I bring the car in for service....

Aaron

5. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Aside from my first "real" call mentioned above, I left myself a voice message on my home phone right after I got the car and thought it sounded pretty good. Maybe I just got lucky with a good microphone.

I've also not had any of the issues with the car "forgetting" the phone and having to re-pair as mentioned in other threads. So far, my iPhone 4 and the car have been rock solid.

6. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

My iPhone 4S works fine (Sprint) with great call quality. I find no reason to blame the MS.

7. rlawson4

rlawson4 Member

Tesla Service in Atlanta replaced my microphone. Since the replacement, it has worked well.

8. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

This is the best hands-free system I've used (iPhone 4). I can actually hear what folks are saying without having to roll up the windows, turn off climate control, and strain to hear. Those at the other end say they can hear me just fine as well.

9. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

On some other thread, it was reported that a poor Bluetooth connection was the problem. Try putting your cellphone in the cupholders or on the cubby under the center console.

10. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I generally have my phone in the cubby. Maybe that's why I've had no issues....

11. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Member

I've been using mine here and there and had pretty mixed results. With the pano roof open, all I can do is talk while parked. Any movement immediately gets the caller complaining of wind noise. While they said they could hear me clearly driving with the pano roof closed at low speeds, they immediately started to complain about wind noise again as I got above 40MPH or so... he said it seemed like the mic was too sensitive or something. . gonna do some tests later... For all those wanting a good way to test, you can call 914-338-8802 and select option 4 to hear a recording of yourself.