Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cell phone connection lost after a few days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an iPhone 11 that I use for my keyless entry on my model 3 that keep losing the Bluetooth connector after a few days requiring me to use my key card. I have to turn off Bluetooth on my phone the turn it back on to reestablish the connector. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? My husband has an iPhone 7 and has no problems. Thank you.

Reactions: tstolze
I have an iPhone 11 that I use for my keyless entry on my model 3 that keep losing the Bluetooth connector after a few days requiring me to use my key card. I have to turn off Bluetooth on my phone the turn it back on to reestablish the connector. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? My husband has an iPhone 7 and has no problems. Thank you.
My Wife is having the same issue with her iPhone 11, I only drive her car 1 or 2 times/week, but have not had a problem with my iPhone 8 yet.

Upvote 0
My wife kept having this same problem, and it had me stumped for quite some time. Then I found out that she wasn't leaving the Tesla app running all the time.

Ever since I asked her to keep the app running in the background all the time, as well as allowing it to "always allow location access" when prompted by the phone, she hasn't had one occurrence, and it has been several months now.

Upvote 0