Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

cell phone data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
another dumb newbie question: when i use my tunein app on my iphone if i stream to the car...will the data be taken off my iphone or the tesla premium connectivity? also is the connectivity data capped or unlimited? thanks

When you stream audio from your phone to the car over Bluetooth, you will use your phone’s data plan (unless the audio was previously downloaded and locally cached onto your phone for offline playback).

When you use the TuneIn app built into the Tesla screen, that uses Tesla’s data plan (Premium Connectivity), which I understand is unlimited. (An exception to that would be if you make the car use your phone as a hot spot instead of Premium Connectivity).

Reactions: jjrandorin
When you stream audio from your phone to the car over Bluetooth, you will use your phone’s data plan (unless the audio was previously downloaded and locally cached onto your phone for offline playback).

When you use the TuneIn app built into the Tesla screen, that uses Tesla’s data plan (Premium Connectivity), which I understand is unlimited. (An exception to that would be if you make the car use your phone as a hot spot instead of Premium Connectivity).
thanks