Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cellphone Reminder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just returned from a trip where I rented a Chevy Equinox that uses the standard Chevy key fob. Sure enough, upon my return home, I drove and parked my Model Y and mindlessly walked away leaving my phone on the charging pad. It was not until I started drinking my breakfast coffee that I realized I left the phone. I was lucky, this time, that no one took my phone. They would not have been able to drive the Model Y as I have PIN to drive enabled.

The whole time I had the Equinox it would remind me to check the back seat for any child passengers every time I turned off the ignition. It would be simple for Tesla to have a option to display a reminder with a chime not to forget your phone every time you shift into Park

I don't want to prevent you guys from getting your feature but I certainly hope this is optional. I've grown tired of getting so many warnings and chimes. There are so many everywhere that we don't pay attention to them anymore, or at least that's what happens to me. I appreciate that Tesla doesn't put the annoying warning message most cars have on their GPS saying don't use it while driving, that sort of thing.
I put my phone on the charger with its screen on, and I use Tasker with a rule that keeps my screen on infinitely (I change the auto-off delay) when the phone is paired with the car's bluetooth. That way, when I get out of the car, the phone's screen is visible. It's hard to miss, even without a warning/chime :)

I can't seem to get the Find Devices app to install on my iPhone or my Apple Watch.
I was unaware of it, but Find Devices was already on my Apple Watch. Press the crown to go to the dock and find the green icon with a laptop and phone on it. From there I could set it to notify that I had left the phone behind. I’m sure I will test it soon, because I’m always leaving the phone on the charger.
A9FD6F1B-7DCF-4F25-8C18-4E391B6495ED.jpeg

Reactions: bobbyjae
I don't want to prevent you guys from getting your feature but I certainly hope this is optional. I've grown tired of getting so many warnings and chimes. There are so many everywhere that we don't pay attention to them anymore, or at least that's what happens to me. I appreciate that Tesla doesn't put the annoying warning message most cars have on their GPS saying don't use it while driving, that sort of thing.
I put my phone on the charger with its screen on, and I use Tasker with a rule that keeps my screen on infinitely (I change the auto-off delay) when the phone is paired with the car's bluetooth. That way, when I get out of the car, the phone's screen is visible. It's hard to miss, even without a warning/chime :)
Ha, 💯 on this... I spent a week in Florida and we had a Ford Escape rental and had the 'Check rear seats for child' screen and extremely loud warning chimes go off every time we exited the car. I understand why you might want this, but a quick search through the menu options came up with no obvious way to shut it off. Then again, Ford isn't known for the user-friendliness of their SW.