Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cellular Connection Delayed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SSonnentag

埃隆•馬斯克
Apr 11, 2017
Arizona
I have noticed that our X can take 30-60 minutes to connect to AT&T's service once the vehicles enters a cellular coverage area. Our S connects pretty much immediately though. For some reason the X always delays. Any ideas as to why the difference? We're missing out on entire drives being logged via TeslaFi due to the delayed connections. Our house does not have AT&T cellular coverage, but we have consistent coverage once we get about 1 mile from the house.

• Disagree
Reactions: DCGOO
It's an August 2018 build, so MCU 2. It seems to reconnect quickly if the car hasn't gone to sleep. Once it goes to sleep it takes up to an hour before it attempts cellular reconnect. The icon shows a line through the cellular bars while we're driving through good coverage area. I've rebooted the MCU while driving in an area with cellular coverage and it still took at least another 20 minutes before it made a connection.

I guess I'll bring it up when it goes into the service center tomorrow for an unrelated issue.