Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Censored Music Search

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mknox

Aug 7, 2012
Toronto, ON
This made me chuckle.

I used the voice search and said "Play: The Bitch is Back by Elton John"

What was returned on the touchscreen said: "The B**** is Back by Elton John" followed by "No results found"

I backspaced over the asterisks using the keyboard and entered the letters, and it found what I was looking for.

So how do you turn Safe Search off :confused:

Slacker was playing lots of songs with explicit lyrics while the kids were in the back seat, I called Tesla & they found an option to turn off explicit lyrics, too bad it wasn't an option I could turn on & off.

Slacker was playing lots of songs with explicit lyrics while the kids were in the back seat, I called Tesla & they found an option to turn off explicit lyrics, too bad it wasn't an option I could turn on & off.

I signed up for a separate account primarily so that I could flip that switch easily.

I wrote about my experiences with the voice censor here: Voice/speech recognition sensitivity and accuracy - Page 3

So you have to go through Tesla to make config changes to the Slacker account that comes with the car?

Thats what I had to do, Tesla set up the Slacker Radio Plus account for us & its pass coded, so I couldn't make any changes unless I called in, they gave me the password but still couldn't log into the account, anyone able to get song lyrics displayed?

Last edited: