Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center and Reat Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I have the EVannex center console in Black Leather/Carbon Fiber and love it. It was less than the Tesla center console and has flexibility in storage/cupholder options. You simply drop it into the center floor area (with a bit of a firm push) and it flexes out slightly and holds into place. There's even a place to run a USB cable up into it for charging your phone! Several people have hopped in my Model S and commented on how it looks like part of the car. Very happy with it.

If you are looking at the rear console only for cup holders, then EVAnnex PARZ may be of interest.
Tesla Model S PARZ Rear Seat Cup Holder

I looked at both Tesla and EVAnnex center consoles, installed in cars, and went with Tesla's version.

Yes, EVAnnex can match my Matte Obeche trim, but the Piano Black part of the Tesla console is the lid for the iPhone holder (only about 25% of the surface area) and not visible when in use. Tesla storage area without its cup holders in place is easily double that of the EVAnnex one and about equal when both of the adjustable cup holders are in place. The optional second EVAnnex cup holder cuts storage space by at least 1/3 and owners have commented that it tends to come out with the cup.

If you prefer the body of the console to match your tan or grey upholstery, the EVAnnex is a slam dunk choice, as it is reputed to be an almost perfect color match for the seats. Also, its Piano Black, Obeche and CF trim areas are large and there is an optional cubby door available in Obeche, CF or Piano Black (available only with CCI or other $400 purchase) that looks very nice and keeps things from falling out during launches.

EVAnnex also has the advantage of being easily removed and reinstalled just by pressing into place, so you don't have to remove those loose, uncut diamonds that you keep there whenever the car goes in for service. One owner even reported that he uses the console but his wife takes it out when she drives so she can put her large handbag in the OEM storage space.

I have the Tesla rear seat console, to provide some rear-seat cupholders and a bit of storage. My son also likes using it as a pillow on long trips (he got accustomed to having something to lean on when sitting in the back in my now-former-Prius and my wife's BMW 3 series). It looks good and it's easy to remove when we need to seat three passengers in the back (if you can attach and remove a kid's carseat, this is easy by comparison).

Disadvantages: It seemed to be a bit overpriced to me (but we bought it anyway). It slides around on the back seat a bit because there's only one hard attachment point. I had to poll the Tesla on-line store a bit to get the model to match the leather and trim of my car's interior (not sure what availability is like these days). We had an issue with the hinge for the flip-up top breaking (a number of people have reported this...there's a thread here on TMC about it)...the console was replaced at our local service center under warranty.

I prefer having the open space between the front seats so didn't do any of the front consoles.

There is one other thing that the EVannex center console has which the Tesla version does not... it is called the Cubby Cap. An option that is an additional storage area between the 17" display and the console. The Cubby Cap option appears to have a sort of door that opens and closes. Perhaps someone who has the Cubby Cap EVannex option can fill us in on how fictional it is. It probably can hold sunglasses or a billfold.

There is one other thing that the EVannex center console has which the Tesla version does not... it is called the Cubby Cap. An option that is an additional storage area between the 17" display and the console. The Cubby Cap option appears to have a sort of door that opens and closes. Perhaps someone who has the Cubby Cap EVannex option can fill us in on how fictional it is. It probably can hold sunglasses or a billfold.

Just to clarify this, Art, that Cubby Cap doesn't add additional storage space. It's just a cover for the cubby that exists on all Model S vehicles. Without a Cubby Cap, things stored in there would be visible, and could come out during acceleration. My understanding is that the cap just seals off the opening. I don't have one myself. I have the Tesla center console.

Umm, you may want to consider spelling "Ludicrous" the way Tesla and the rest of the world spell it if credibility for your product is something you are interested in.

Ludacrous Cupholder.jpg

Just a thought.