TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Center Armrest Bracket Mount for Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by SeanTek, Apr 16, 2017.

1. SeanTek

SeanTek Member

I am trying to figure out what the best option is to mount a Nintendo Switch to the Model S for rear passengers to play with.

I tried putting the Nintendo Switch directly on the center armrests with the built-in kickstand, but not surprisingly that fell over pretty quickly. The best place to put it is probably mounted on top of the center armrests using a "center armrest bracket mount", where the mount grips on to the sides of the center console, or "center armrest pedestal mount", where the mount has a T that slides underneath the sliding armrests.

The Switch console is 4" x 6.75" x 0.55". For the purposes of this mod, it is a glorified tablet so any mods that have successfully mounted an iPad mini or similar tablet would probably work. I suppose an alternate is to mount a 1080p monitor to the center armrest, but that would be a bit crazier.

A prior thread mentioned this R-Zentric Rear Entertainment Console. That product is shaped wrong for the Switch, and way too expensive at $1,250.

2. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

3. Dog lover 1

Dog lover 1 Member

I agree with Jimmy. We have the EVamped LED rear console, but bought this bracket: Amazon.com: iKross 2-in-1 Tablet and Cellphone Adjustable Swing Extended Cup Mount Holder Car Kit for iPad iPhone Samsung Tablet Smartphone and Uber Driver: Cell Phones & Accessories

Has both a iPhone holder and iPad holder. Not as tall as Jimmy's, but may work better for your device. Our boys loved it on our spring break road trip. 13 hours. ***Make sure you get the DUAL USB ports installed on your rear console , so they can charge while playing.

4. SeanTek

SeanTek Member

Thanks for the tips. I'm looking into these. However the EVamped LED rear console plus a cup holder mount solution looks like it would put the Nintendo Switch a bit too far back for my / the kids' tastes. It actually was at a pretty ideal location when propped up against two water bottles in the front (center) cupholders. So, I would think that I would need a longer, flexible arm if I go with the EVamped LED rear console. I'll think about it and keep on looking too.

5. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

• Like x 1
  6. Dog lover 1

Dog lover 1 Member

Actually, I like that one better than mine.