Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center Armrest Bracket Mount for Nintendo Switch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to figure out what the best option is to mount a Nintendo Switch to the Model S for rear passengers to play with.

I tried putting the Nintendo Switch directly on the center armrests with the built-in kickstand, but not surprisingly that fell over pretty quickly. The best place to put it is probably mounted on top of the center armrests using a "center armrest bracket mount", where the mount grips on to the sides of the center console, or "center armrest pedestal mount", where the mount has a T that slides underneath the sliding armrests.

The Switch console is 4" x 6.75" x 0.55". For the purposes of this mod, it is a glorified tablet so any mods that have successfully mounted an iPad mini or similar tablet would probably work. I suppose an alternate is to mount a 1080p monitor to the center armrest, but that would be a bit crazier.

A prior thread mentioned this R-Zentric Rear Entertainment Console. That product is shaped wrong for the Switch, and way too expensive at $1,250.

I agree with Jimmy. We have the EVamped LED rear console, but bought this bracket: Amazon.com: iKross 2-in-1 Tablet and Cellphone Adjustable Swing Extended Cup Mount Holder Car Kit for iPad iPhone Samsung Tablet Smartphone and Uber Driver: Cell Phones & Accessories

Has both a iPhone holder and iPad holder. Not as tall as Jimmy's, but may work better for your device. Our boys loved it on our spring break road trip. 13 hours. ***Make sure you get the DUAL USB ports installed on your rear console , so they can charge while playing.

Thanks for the tips. I'm looking into these. However the EVamped LED rear console plus a cup holder mount solution looks like it would put the Nintendo Switch a bit too far back for my / the kids' tastes. It actually was at a pretty ideal location when propped up against two water bottles in the front (center) cupholders. So, I would think that I would need a longer, flexible arm if I go with the EVamped LED rear console. I'll think about it and keep on looking too.