Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center bore on 2021 Performance Model 3 rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this has been discussed many time but I never found the right complete answer to my questions:
wheels:
1)Is the center bore of a STOCK Long range Model 3 (Not Perf) rim = 64.1mm? (but it can fit Perf model too)?
2) Is the center bore of a STOCK Performance model 3 rim 64.1 or more due to a ring around the hub? (but it can fit LR too)?
3) If the center bore of a Performance model rim is around 72 mm (read it somewere here in this forum but not sure), I can use a normal Sport 19" rim from a LR?
4) is it true the opposite? (Perf rim s on LR models?
are 2021 (LR and Perf model ) centrbore different than 2018...2019 2020 nodels respectively?
I heard of an adapter (an aluminum ring) to be used for aftermarket wheels ... Is it to adapt to Performance model o to LR models

SO at the end , if I find an aftermarket rim with 64,1 centerbore this means I can use ONLY on LR or in Perf too?
What about that hex bolt just on flat surface of the Perf Hub ? It needs to be removed? (or hub surface of the rim machined)?
Thanks

I made my own hubcentric rings, so I feel pretty confident in saying, that on a 2018 M3P:

The "large" bore on the M3P, closest to the hub is 70.1mm.
The main bore is 64.1mm

I know for a fact that stock 19/18" rims fit the bore- they are 64.1 also. They also have the step needed to fit on performance cars. There are reports of a few wheels from when the M3 first shipped that may not have this step, but everything mid 2018 forward appears to.

The performance wheels fit non-perf cars fine because the larger bore at the bottom is only a few mm tall.

Adapters are only needed to put Non-Tesla wheels on a Tesla. Yes, if you find a 64.1mm centerbore, it will not work unless you use a spacer to get it away from the lip. Which you can totally do. Or buy wheels with 70.1 mm bore or larger and use hubcentric adapters. There are ones with the right steps now.

Every wheel I have tried has a pocket on the back such that the hex bolt is not an issue- but I am sure there are some wheels this won't work for.

• Helpful
Reactions: tm1v2
I made my own hubcentric rings, so I feel pretty confident in saying, that on a 2018 M3P:

The "large" bore on the M3P, closest to the hub is 70.1mm.
The main bore is 64.1mm

I know for a fact that stock 19/18" rims fit the bore- they are 64.1 also. They also have the step needed to fit on performance cars. There are reports of a few wheels from when the M3 first shipped that may not have this step, but everything mid 2018 forward appears to.

The performance wheels fit non-perf cars fine because the larger bore at the bottom is only a few mm tall.

Adapters are only needed to put Non-Tesla wheels on a Tesla. Yes, if you find a 64.1mm centerbore, it will not work unless you use a spacer to get it away from the lip. Which you can totally do. Or buy wheels with 70.1 mm bore or larger and use hubcentric adapters. There are ones with the right steps now.

Every wheel I have tried has a pocket on the back such that the hex bolt is not an issue- but I am sure there are some wheels this won't work for.
I really Thank you. This is a perfect explanion. In the mentime I searched better and I find also some other threads with pics of hub/rotor side and Wheel side.
I want to avoid the use of spacers , but i'm open to use hubcentric adapters.
What is not clear to in your link is that they say:

MODEL 3 PERFORMANCE SPIGOT/HUB CENTRIC RINGS

" ...adapt a wheel rim with a 72.6mm bore to a 64mm diameter hub
the 72,6mm is someting considered normal or "typical" centerbore in aftermarket wheels?
...but why to 64mm and not to 64,1?
(I was expecting 64,2 or 64,1xxx bore, so it's a bit large hole.)

I selecting rims to be used and I foun one with :
20'' Width 9 5x114.3 ET 32 CB 73.1 for my 2021 P .
it seems centerbore is 73,1 , so I have to find a hubcentric ring exactly 73,1 to 64,1?

I really Thank you. This is a perfect explanion. In the mentime I searched better and I find also some other threads with pics of hub/rotor side and Wheel side.
I want to avoid the use of spacers , but i'm open to use hubcentric adapters.
What is not clear to in your link is that they say:

MODEL 3 PERFORMANCE SPIGOT/HUB CENTRIC RINGS

" ...adapt a wheel rim with a 72.6mm bore to a 64mm diameter hub
the 72,6mm is someting considered normal or "typical" centerbore in aftermarket wheels?
...but why to 64mm and not to 64,1?
(I was expecting 64,2 or 64,1xxx bore, so it's a bit large hole.)

I selecting rims to be used and I foun one with :
20'' Width 9 5x114.3 ET 32 CB 73.1 for my 2021 P .
it seems centerbore is 73,1 , so I have to find a hubcentric ring exactly 73,1 to 64,1?
I think I know where you saw the 64mm dimension quoted and that was a typo which has been corrected to 64.1mm now. ;)
72.6 is one of the common bore sizes for aftermarket wheels so that adapters can be used to step them down to fit smaller hubs.

Are you saying the stock 18" wheels from a SR or LR will fit on a Performance? 2021...
Everything "fits" if you try hard enough.
You'll need either a spacer to clear the stepped hub lip, or to drill the wheel hub bore to 70.1mm for the first 3 mm of the hole.
And then you're need a file/angle grinder to shave your rear brake calipers some...

So, "will fit"

Are you saying the stock 18" wheels from a SR or LR will fit on a Performance? 2021...
The stock 18" wheels don't fit, but other 18" wheels do: