Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center cap removal tool

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I picked up my 2021 Y, I read about the center cap removal tool was suppose to be in the glovebox The tool is a metal pry tool used to aide in removing your center wheel cap. I did not get one. Like other owners, you might one day want to change out your center wheel cap for some other aftermarket color combination. I had to order it through the Service Center and provide the part number because they didn’t know what I was talking about. No cost item. The service center guys said they use their fingernails to remove the center wheel cap. False... see attached picture.

Attachments

• 6EC63597-7D36-4461-A46E-494A2F7D83D0.jpeg
    6EC63597-7D36-4461-A46E-494A2F7D83D0.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 950
  • Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
When I picked up my 2021 Y, I read about the center cap removal tool was suppose to be in the glovebox The tool is a metal pry tool used to aide in removing your center wheel cap. I did not get one. Like other owners, you might one day want to change out your center wheel cap for some other aftermarket color combination. I had to order it through the Service Center and provide the part number because they didn’t know what I was talking about. No cost item. The service center guys said they use their fingernails to remove the center wheel cap. False... see attached picture.
Why would you say False? If that’s what they do then that’s how they do it. If you are more comfortable using the bent coat hanger you found it.

Reactions: brkaus
Why would you say False? If that’s what they do then that’s how they do it. If you are more comfortable using the bent coat hanger you found it.

it’s just the proper tool but I’m sure the technicians use what works best for them to get the job done. I just wanted to provide the information to anyone who might find it useful.