TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Center Console (back) found in German forums

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Jacina, Aug 31, 2015.

1. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

I'll take one!

2. CarmaKazi

CarmaKazi Member

Not bad. Those holes look really small for a US drink.

3. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

Looks really nice! That would be useful.

Those aren't old cassette tape cases above the drink holders though are they? Those wouldn't be useful... [emoji6]

4. Frankrb

Frankrb Member

Can we get more info? Ordering, prices, etc.

5. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

My German is pretty dodgy, but I know all the menu words and I'm pretty sure they have a special compartment that routes AC through it for keeping your sausage sammy (wurstbrot) cold. Are there more pictures somewhere?

6. liuping

liuping Active Member

The web page says 419 Euros for the base and 235 Euros for the cupholder top. So about $774.41 US not including shipping.

It would be cheaper to get the Tesla version: Tesla Accessories and Charging Adapters Premium Rear Console . It also acts as an armrest for the rear passengers.

7. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

Their version of the armrest that Tesla supplies is what they call part 3 and it is 670 Euro. The interesting thing is that it screws into the console at the footwell, so it will not wiggle as the Tesla rear console does. On the other hand, it would seemingly be a PITA to remove to fold down the seats. I'm unsure. I'm trying to wade through the forum posts now. I've had to augment my meager skills with Google Translate which combines to let me get about 90% of the conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a picture of all three rear console pieces at once:

rear3 closed.jpg rear3 open.jpg

8. miemrich

miemrich Member

You can choose "English" as the language for the descriptions and the ordering process on the website for the product.

9. seclinton

seclinton Member

Doesn't match the CF finish very well and not as seamless or well integrated at the edges as say a CCI is in the front. Interesting, I'd like to see another vendor try this.