Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center console black hole - Model S Refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: Will try suggestions from here and report back. Center Console Lost Credit Card

Anyone know how to access items that have fallen in? I took off the front charger, but that's no help.

I knew this was a dangerous place to place paperwork. I didn't think my Tesla keycard would act like a air hockey puck and float right into the center console black hole. (Under the front chargers)

I never need to use the card, but Tesla was not accepting my phone, so I whipped out the cardkey, only to have it sucked into the black hole.
Luckily I was able to use my phone after I rebooted the Tesla. Otherwise, I would have been stuck in a parking lot. lol.

Update: Will try suggestions from here and report back. Center Console Lost Credit Card

Anyone know how to access items that have fallen in? I took off the front charger, but that's no help.

I knew this was a dangerous place to place paperwork. I didn't think my Tesla keycard would act like a air hockey puck and float right into the center console black hole. (Under the front chargers)

I never need to use the card, but Tesla was not accepting my phone, so I whipped out the cardkey, only to have it sucked into the black hole.
Luckily I was able to use my phone after I rebooted the Tesla. Otherwise, I would have been stuck in a parking lot. lol.
Update #2: One fast acceleration is all it took for it to come shooting back out. :)

Leaving this post here in case it helps anyone else out.

• Helpful
Reactions: Jpandes and PoBear
How to retrieve lost credit card in center console--

Like many others, my phone key card accidentally slid on the console cover out of sight beneath the phone charger housing. I tried the usual remedies mentioned on forum without success. Yesterday, Tesla pulled the charger housing off (as I had) but finally gave up and issued me a new key card.

As it turns out, the card was just farther down the length of the cover. By accident, with the slide cover closed over the forward storage area, I pushed it forward slightly, which released its catch so that it could extend fully to cover the cup holders. Voila, my key card appeared! From my experience at the Tesla store yesterday, they don't realize this "feature." Also, there is a neoprene barrier at the end of the cover that likely prevents a lost card from sliding all the way into the console cavity.
-JJ