Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center console bubbles.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ps. sorry to wake up this dead thread. I hope I never see anyone else with this problem and the thread dies again.

Just appeared in the last day or so:
IMG_1099.PNG

Sep 2012 Sig.

I currently own a model s 70d, purchased new in Aug 2015 with 16,000 miles. I am concerned with the long term reliability of the center console (bubbles on the display and leaking adhesive) as well as the motorized door handles. After reading the TMC Model s forum and the TESLA Model s forum for over two years these two items appear to be a serious long term concern. In the past I have owned a 2007 Camry hybrid and a 2010 Lexus GS 250h hybrid. Toyota has a warranty enhancement program. For example, it was discovered about FOUR YEARS after the expiration of the 3 year warranty that the dashboard would begin to crack in a significant number of cars. Toyota extended the original warranty for this part until 2016. My dashboard was replaced FREE under this extension. I think TESLA should consider extending warranty coverage (or partial coverage, i.e. parts or labor) on items which exhibit a significant failure rate within several years of the original FIVE YEAR warranty. WHY NOT, TOYOTA DOES IT!!!

Reactions: Cyclone