TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

center console concept

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by FlyYellow, Mar 1, 2013.

1. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Sounds good. Keep up the posts during build! (unless you're worried about someone copying or something)

2. adeokar

adeokar Member

Anxiously waiting for the delivery!

3. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

will keep putting pics up. i have no concerns about copying - i'm not trying to make a business out of it. so for all practical purposes I'm happy to dedicate to the public.

Today I ordered a better phone mount set. will take pics of it soon.

4. Electric1

Electric1 Member

Anxiously awaiting. TWO cup holders and phone mount make this far more practical and desirable than the gorgeous but less functional CCI. Thanks for your hard work.

5. htsai14752

htsai14752 Member

I'm in! Next best thing to the CCI. Maybe even better than the CCI! If this is finished before the end of next month I could probably pick it up when I pick up my car from the factory.

6. ChargedUp

ChargedUp Member

CCI is very accomodating

Using the CCI, you can open the sliding door partially and use that as either another cupholder or even another place to lean your additional electronics. For example, a Galaxy note and even an Ipad mini can fit in it. I find the CCI to be a very versatile solution as it is currently designed. Extremely well thought out.

7. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

Yes we are making progress --

PLAN - First one should be completed by next Friday.

PICS - See below

Comments - Fitment is excellent. It slides right in and is built very well and uses the two edges of the dash and armrest to fit right in. So far it looks very promising and very worthwhile

OK Enough with my thoughts let's hear yours....

flyyellow-albums-intconsole-picture20657-intcons2.jpg
    flyyellow-albums-intconsole-picture20656-intcons1.jpg

And we shouldn't forget the production line (so y'all know that i'm making more than one...)
    flyyellow-albums-intconsole-picture20658-intconsparts.jpg

I have to run now but will post more details later...

8. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Fit seems pretty good and I like the cup holder locations. Also seems to be a bit lower profile than the CCI? What finishes are in planning? Anything beyond the acrylic?

9. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

I'm happy with the fitment of the console. No screws needed, No velcrow... and is very well positioned the in the car.Layout: it still needs some work. I like the placement of the cupholders and the height of the entire unit feels correct. We still haven't figured out a good storage. So we have some work to go. But it's starting to take shape and I'm happy with it thus far.
    Finish - looks like we have a couple options: Top deck - black lacquer or carbon fiber with black, white or tan leather sides. The carbon fiber needs to be matched as does the white leather.
    Hope that gives everyone a more complete update. Welcome opinions - the good, the bad, the ugly... it's all good here

10. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Cf would def be a huge plus to me. No luck on just doing storage towards the cubby with a lil roller door?

11. smd

smd Member

I'm definitely interested. I use proclip for my iPhones in my other cars and I was wondering about a fitment for Tesla Model S, so this would be awesome. I have tan leather interior so that's what I would want. I have Lacewood, but I think the black lacquer would be fine. Keep me posted. Thanks.

12. Franklymade

Franklymade Member

Hi guys I saw you thread and I have a prototyp
    Of a CCI and going in fiberglass ,plastic gearing and wood to match all
    Interor finishes wood and trim components
    image.jpg

13. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Please start your own thread instead of spamming the same image into every other thread.

14. Franklymade

Franklymade Member

Sorry I will do so my apologies

15. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

well went by today to look at the progress. It's coming along (slowly) although it should be ready by early next week. They are awaiting the leather materials to make the first one. They did do the cutouts with a nice angle on them. We looked at the stitching and they are matching the OEM double stitching.

More to come soon.

16. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

Went in today to check on the progress of the center console. I didn't think the leather was a good match so we went through and matched the texture. In all honesty the texture of the armrest is different than the dashboard leather and is different from the door panels leather. The guy believed that it was the same leather but stretched differently - which is possible. I opted to match to the dash leather as opposed to the armrest leather. My rationale was that the immediately below leather was the same as dash...

In any case should be done with some pics by Thursday. So stay tuned...

17. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I thi m going that route is a good idea. The armrest leather seems to scuff easily.

18. johnmodels

johnmodels Member

I appreciate the updates....I'm liking your design ideas and price point! Do you have a final or estimated price?
    John

19. Frankrb

Frankrb Member

Glad to see your progress! Price point hasn't changed has it?

20. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

Price point has not changed. The first unit is done and I'm picking it up tomorrow. I'll post pics.

Price for the fist 6 units is:
    $380 for console
    $25 for cupholders
    $40 for cellphone mount
    ----
    $445

Can't wait to see it myself.