TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

center console concept

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by FlyYellow, Mar 1, 2013.

1. JerryNycom

JerryNycom Member

How about Obeche gloss? How much?

2. Raven5000

Raven5000 Member

Hey flyellow where the pics at? Curious to see the finished product! :)

3. PorscheDealer

PorscheDealer Member

Did I miss something? I cannot find the final price including shipping mentioned anywhere. Also waiting to see the "final" cell phone mount solution as well. Also any pics of the unit actually installed in a MS?

4. Raven5000

Raven5000 Member

Call sids upholstery in mountainview, ca

5. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

An email was sent out. Fully loaded (including the cell holder, which I'd pass on) is $512 + shipping (and tax if you're in CA). Without the mount, it's $464.

Here are the pics that were sent out:

20130425_091201.jpg

20130425_113614.jpg

I was told pics of the CF were coming.

That should be enough for folks figure out if it's for them or not (or to pursue more info)

6. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

final cell phone solution coming. I didn't pickup today - will get it tomorrow and post pics. I believe the final price is $472 in piano black or carbon fiber (same price). If you want the cell phone mount add $40 + shipping. Please contact Hugo at Sid's to get on the list and ETA info... I believe at this point he's taking credit card information and building the units. I'm a bit surprised but he doesn't have many takers yet despite the list being several dozen long. I know the original 6 i commissioned are committed - but this is your opportunity to get one built.

I'll post final pics tomorrow.

7. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

I suspect many are waiting to see what the price will be for the Tesla one.

8. felixtb

felixtb RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4

initially put my self on Teslaccesories list then saw yours and then Teslas own......... now I'm waiting for your final pics and the price from Tesla to decide which of the three I will go for.......

9. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

OK picked mine up today. Really really like the cell phone holder. The only slight mod I would do is to angle it a little toward the driver but I actually think that's just a mounting issue. Super cool. See pic below, i'll try to take some better ones tomorrow.

photo.JPG

Attached Files:

10. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

So the new holder is recessed? That is indeed much better.

From all the pics, it looks like this thing is low-profile enough that you could rest bags and such on it when the cupholders aren't in use? Waiting on Hugo to get back with CF pics :)

11. Raven5000

Raven5000 Member

The new cell phone holder looks alot better except for the angle. I think this needs to be adjusted. Phone looks like its leaning to the left as well or maybe you didnt have it in all the way

12. Electric1

Electric1 Member

I have not had any contact from Hugo. I will be happy to contact him directly if you PM me the contact info. Thanks

13. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

@Electric1: Hugo can be reached at (650) 969-1539
    @Raven5000: Yes the angle was a bit off. I adjusted it myself and it now has a angle bias toward the driver. Very observant

I took another pic without the phone so you can get a better feel for what it looks like.

My update -- I feel like it's finally done. I'm very happy with the design, implementation, look.... At this point I personally wouldn't do anything substantially different. I know the cell phone holder is a lot of work for Hugo (as he repeatedly told me to make something small and structurally sound is difficult). If I was being really picky I would have wired it internally with 12v power cig adapter as I find the tesla usb ports charge my iPhone at a snail's pace. But I didn't want to make the install more difficult for anyone else. I may choose to do that myself at some point so I can put in a rapid charger...

From my perspective it is ready to ship!

As for ordering -- I believe Hugo is going to make a couple runs of these things but in order to build them this cheap he needs to do a bunch at a time. He's now just looking for credit cards. At this point we only have the following options:
    i) piano black and carbon fiber
    ii) with or without the cellphone mount
    iii) Various leather colors (black, tan and white have been matched)

He asked if he could test fit each and every one in my car and I told him that was fine. So needless to say if you want call Hugo and give him your credit card number. He's a good guy and does good work but is not super organized and at times it takes a day or two to get ahold of him.

photo.JPG

Attached Files:

14. Alfafoxtrot1

Alfafoxtrot1 Member

FYI - I called Syd's today to check status. I placed my order two weeks ago and hadn't heard anything. I was told that they are finishing up 24 consoles (including mine) and they will all ship out Thursday or Friday.

15. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

Yes Sid wants to check the fit in my car. He has a bunch done but I've been a bit busy to get over there. It's my fault. I'm going to do it Saturday am.

16. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Got an emai, yesterday with pics. Looks sweet, gonna get my order in today. Thanks for setting this up flyyellow

17. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

So today we test fitted the next 10 units that are now complete. It was awesome to see this many being built of my design. I must say that carbon fiber looks spectacular. What I really like about the carbon fiber is they wrapped the top so the edges are finished and it looks like a solid piece of cf!

Took some pics for everyone. I must say I'm really carbon fiber - Don't worry I won't displace anyone's unit ;0

I think at this point he can build a dozen a week if anyone wants them. I'd recommend waiting for everyone's feedback once these 10 are received. Looking forward to everyone's impressions...

photo.JPG
    cf1.JPG

18. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

Bump. Anyone have comments about these units? Thanks

19. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

I too am interested in hearing how others like my design. Please do share!

20. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Would love to share, but it's been over a week since the last communication from hugo.