Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

center console concept

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An email was sent out. Fully loaded (including the cell holder, which I'd pass on) is $512 + shipping (and tax if you're in CA). Without the mount, it's $464.

Here are the pics that were sent out:

20130425_091201.jpg

20130425_113614.jpg

I was told pics of the CF were coming.

That should be enough for folks figure out if it's for them or not (or to pursue more info)

final cell phone solution coming. I didn't pickup today - will get it tomorrow and post pics. I believe the final price is $472 in piano black or carbon fiber (same price). If you want the cell phone mount add $40 + shipping. Please contact Hugo at Sid's to get on the list and ETA info... I believe at this point he's taking credit card information and building the units. I'm a bit surprised but he doesn't have many takers yet despite the list being several dozen long. I know the original 6 i commissioned are committed - but this is your opportunity to get one built.

I'll post final pics tomorrow.

OK picked mine up today. Really really like the cell phone holder. The only slight mod I would do is to angle it a little toward the driver but I actually think that's just a mounting issue. Super cool. See pic below, i'll try to take some better ones tomorrow.

photo.JPG

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 1,062
So the new holder is recessed? That is indeed much better.

From all the pics, it looks like this thing is low-profile enough that you could rest bags and such on it when the cupholders aren't in use? Waiting on Hugo to get back with CF pics :)

@Electric1: Hugo can be reached at (650) 969-1539
@Raven5000: Yes the angle was a bit off. I adjusted it myself and it now has a angle bias toward the driver. Very observant

I took another pic without the phone so you can get a better feel for what it looks like.

My update -- I feel like it's finally done. I'm very happy with the design, implementation, look.... At this point I personally wouldn't do anything substantially different. I know the cell phone holder is a lot of work for Hugo (as he repeatedly told me to make something small and structurally sound is difficult). If I was being really picky I would have wired it internally with 12v power cig adapter as I find the tesla usb ports charge my iPhone at a snail's pace. But I didn't want to make the install more difficult for anyone else. I may choose to do that myself at some point so I can put in a rapid charger...

From my perspective it is ready to ship!

As for ordering -- I believe Hugo is going to make a couple runs of these things but in order to build them this cheap he needs to do a bunch at a time. He's now just looking for credit cards. At this point we only have the following options:
i) piano black and carbon fiber
ii) with or without the cellphone mount
iii) Various leather colors (black, tan and white have been matched)

He asked if he could test fit each and every one in my car and I told him that was fine. So needless to say if you want call Hugo and give him your credit card number. He's a good guy and does good work but is not super organized and at times it takes a day or two to get ahold of him.

photo.JPG

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    246.9 KB · Views: 910
So today we test fitted the next 10 units that are now complete. It was awesome to see this many being built of my design. I must say that carbon fiber looks spectacular. What I really like about the carbon fiber is they wrapped the top so the edges are finished and it looks like a solid piece of cf!

Took some pics for everyone. I must say I'm really carbon fiber - Don't worry I won't displace anyone's unit ;0

I think at this point he can build a dozen a week if anyone wants them. I'd recommend waiting for everyone's feedback once these 10 are received. Looking forward to everyone's impressions...

photo.JPG

cf1.JPG