Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

center console concept

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too am interested in hearing how others like my design. Please do share!
I like your design and the quality looks quite good. Maybe you could make an optional unit with a hinged cover that is upholstered giving much more covered storage similar to the console in my 2003 Corvette convertible. I also like the CCI but didn't care for the sliding cover. I haven't tried the existing cup holders in a Model S. Maybe they interfere with the driver when they are holding drinks. Maybe your design overcomes the potential interference with using factory cup holders. I applaud your ingenuity.

I like your design and the quality looks quite good. Maybe you could make an optional unit with a hinged cover that is upholstered giving much more covered storage similar to the console in my 2003 Corvette convertible. I also like the CCI but didn't care for the sliding cover. I haven't tried the existing cup holders in a Model S. Maybe they interfere with the driver when they are holding drinks. Maybe your design overcomes the potential interference with using factory cup holders. I applaud your ingenuity.

thanks for the kind words. I too wanted a hinged cover and there wasn't an easy way to do it. The fab costs would have added a lot and that would make it considerably higher priced. So needless to say I opted out. I really like how it came out but I'm really looking forward to hearing from others what they think...

I spoke to Hugo.

2 people picked up the consoles in person
8 have shipped out

The only ones that haven't shipped are ones that have the cell phone mounts. He ordered the incorrect mount - so I let him know which one I used which was for an iPhone 5 (made by proclipusa). I told him he had to verify what phones people had... So if you have a cell phone mount, please go to Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts - ProClip USA and pick your correct mount The one I used was: Apple iPhone 5 Padded Holder with Tilt Swivel for Cable Attachment - ProClip USA

Hope to get some feedback soon...

I don't want to be unfair to Hugo, but I'm feeling a familiar pain of being an early adopter. Despite being tokd to expect the unit weeks ago (see above) and 30 days having passed since placing my order (4th in line I was told), I really have no idea when I will see something.

Fly Yellow:

i got home tonight and found my console. It is great. Looks like it was born there. I will post some pictures over the weekend.

Thank you very much for your hard work and for contributing your design expertise.

Hugo:

The workmanship is outstanding and your service was excellent. I wish you luck in this and your future endeavors.

Tesla Community:

This console is a winner!

and yet, I still wait... Hugo's explanation has centered around difficulty getting good mounts. Of course, Boris solved that issue months ago, and for the life of me, I can't understand how this could take more than a day or two. I realize that I could take the console without the phone mount, but Hugo keeps promising, next week, next week. So, I wait...

and yet, I still wait... Hugo's explanation has centered around difficulty getting good mounts. Of course, Boris solved that issue months ago, and for the life of me, I can't understand how this could take more than a day or two. I realize that I could take the console without the phone mount, but Hugo keeps promising, next week, next week. So, I wait...

At least he responds to you. I haven't heard anything from him in over a month -- May 16th, when I gave him my CC info. No responses to any follow up emails or calls (especially not the last one where I asked him to cancel the order and destroy my card info). Unprofessional.

@An Outsider, sorry to hear of your probs. I don't know if I'm more frustrated that this is still lingering or that Hugo is blowing off such a good opportunity to serve a captive audience. Presumably, pricing on the TM model will be announced soon and that will definitely have an impact too.