TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

center console concept

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by FlyYellow, Mar 1, 2013.

1. gnelson

gnelson Member

I like your design and the quality looks quite good. Maybe you could make an optional unit with a hinged cover that is upholstered giving much more covered storage similar to the console in my 2003 Corvette convertible. I also like the CCI but didn't care for the sliding cover. I haven't tried the existing cup holders in a Model S. Maybe they interfere with the driver when they are holding drinks. Maybe your design overcomes the potential interference with using factory cup holders. I applaud your ingenuity.

2. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

thanks for the kind words. I too wanted a hinged cover and there wasn't an easy way to do it. The fab costs would have added a lot and that would make it considerably higher priced. So needless to say I opted out. I really like how it came out but I'm really looking forward to hearing from others what they think...

3. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

I spoke to Hugo.

2 people picked up the consoles in person
    8 have shipped out

The only ones that haven't shipped are ones that have the cell phone mounts. He ordered the incorrect mount - so I let him know which one I used which was for an iPhone 5 (made by proclipusa). I told him he had to verify what phones people had... So if you have a cell phone mount, please go to Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts - ProClip USA and pick your correct mount The one I used was: Apple iPhone 5 Padded Holder with Tilt Swivel for Cable Attachment - ProClip USA

Hope to get some feedback soon...

4. Alfafoxtrot1

Alfafoxtrot1 Member

I don't want to be unfair to Hugo, but I'm feeling a familiar pain of being an early adopter. Despite being tokd to expect the unit weeks ago (see above) and 30 days having passed since placing my order (4th in line I was told), I really have no idea when I will see something.

5. MATTEmarc

MATTEmarc Member

Is there grey leather and obeche matte wood

6. rlawson4

rlawson4 Member

I received mine today. I am pleased with the construction and quality.

7. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

post pics?

8. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

I know quite a few others got their consoles. Would very much appreciate some feedback and pics to share with others...

9. Electric1

Electric1 Member

Fly Yellow:

i got home tonight and found my console. It is great. Looks like it was born there. I will post some pictures over the weekend.

Thank you very much for your hard work and for contributing your design expertise.

Hugo:

The workmanship is outstanding and your service was excellent. I wish you luck in this and your future endeavors.

Tesla Community:

This console is a winner!

10. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

Electric1 glad you liked it. Hope others enjoy theirs as well.

11. Alfafoxtrot1

Alfafoxtrot1 Member

and yet, I still wait... Hugo's explanation has centered around difficulty getting good mounts. Of course, Boris solved that issue months ago, and for the life of me, I can't understand how this could take more than a day or two. I realize that I could take the console without the phone mount, but Hugo keeps promising, next week, next week. So, I wait...

12. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

At least he responds to you. I haven't heard anything from him in over a month -- May 16th, when I gave him my CC info. No responses to any follow up emails or calls (especially not the last one where I asked him to cancel the order and destroy my card info). Unprofessional.

13. Alfafoxtrot1

Alfafoxtrot1 Member

@An Outsider, sorry to hear of your probs. I don't know if I'm more frustrated that this is still lingering or that Hugo is blowing off such a good opportunity to serve a captive audience. Presumably, pricing on the TM model will be announced soon and that will definitely have an impact too.

14. zero mpg

zero mpg Member

fly- can you share where you sourced the cf and the cup holders? I'm building a crazy one off and like those from your design!

15. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

16. towman26

towman26 Member

Do you have any other tops available yet??