TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

center console concept

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by FlyYellow, Mar 29, 2013.

1. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

For those of you who haven't followed this project from the prior posts. I've been working on a center console. Getting close - so I thought I'd post some pics. I built 6 of them to start. This isn't meant to be a knock on anyone else's projects but I had this built because

1. I wanted certain functionality (dual cupholder, cell phone holder, sunglass tray and small purse tray for my wife) that didn't exist in other center console projects; and
    2. I wanted a far more affordable solution; and
    3. I wanted it to look as factory as possible.

With that said here's the update:

1. Fit - needs adjustment so that we don't have the gap issue on the sides (see pics). They are correcting it so should be done in a day or so.
    2. Finish - looks very nice. The only thing I'd really like is to have a chrome ring around the cup holders to make look more OEM. Other than that, the leather match is very very close, the double stitching is very nice, the black shiny epoxy looks very OEM. They don't have a solution for the chrome ring so I need to noodle on that. Others feel free to chime in with ideas - this is a community effort...
    3. Functionality - I really like the functionality of the unit!
    4. Phone holder - the one that i ordered doesn't look quite right so it is NOT mounted yet. I'm going to order a different one and try a slightly different approach there. Will let you know how it comes out.

All in all - very very nice. I'd give it a solid 8/10 and for the cost I don't think you can beat it!

View attachment 19195
    View attachment 19196
    View attachment 19197
    View attachment 19193
    View attachment 19198
    View attachment 19194

2. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

FlyYellow

Looks OUTSTANDING!

Do you plan to make more and sell them? I think I would be *very* interested!

Aaron

3. joer00

joer00 Member

Great, so whats the price on this ? I do not want to spend 1000 + $ on a console like other projects.

4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

445 maxed out IIRC

5. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member