TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Center console cover stuck

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by lloyds, May 20, 2016.

1. lloyds

lloyds Member

Anyone else have this issue? It won't open or close.

2. swesson

swesson Member

I did have this issue. It wasn't completely stuck, but when I got my hand underneath it, I found a thin piece of plastic (almost paper-thin) that was creating an obstruction. I pulled it out and it hasn't stuck since.

• Like x 1
  3. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

Someone also reported that there are a couple of cables running behind the console (e.g. OBDI) and if they aren't tucked away properly, they can obstruct the console from opening.

4. lloyds

lloyds Member

You are right...I put my hand to the very end and feel wires there...tried pushing it out of the way, but it is very tight. Guess another trip to the SC again..

5. RossRAllen

RossRAllen Member

This happened to me after a service center visit. The panel wouldn't open all the way because it was jammed by a cable connector about the size of a wine cork that had fallen into the mechanism after the service visit. I reached in, felt the obstruction, pushed the connector out of the way, and got the cover to open fully. But now it doesn't stay open. SC refastened the harness and tried to repair the cover mechanism, but concluded the hold-open spring has somehow gone missing - they couldn't find it. Replacing the whole console now.

6. lloyds

lloyds Member

Thats funmy - same here. Mine was working fine til I got the car back from the SC. Odd thing is they were replacing the front door latches, so it is odd how that affects the center console.