Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center Console Insert (CCI): opinion on color -- matching seats vs black?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've decided to go ahead a buy a CCI from Welcome | teslaccessories.com in anticipation of my MS arriving next month.

While I find the $400 price jump between the Standard and Custom disproportionate to the only thing you get (matching wood veneer), I'm already into this MS thing so deep, I decided to go for it.

Once I've made the leap to the Custom model, I'm now trying to decide between having the matching leather (in my case Gray), which seems to be the default choice, versus going with black, which matches the lower dash and floor, regardless of what seat color you have.

On one hand I like the black since it recedes into the background just a bit, with the matching wood (gloss obeche, in my case) acting as the unifier.

On the other hand, having the leather sides match the seats does seem the "obvious" choice.

I've only found one set of pics with the black/contrasting option: Soflauthor's center console insert - Page 37
All of the pics on the TeslAccessories website have the matching setup: Gallery | teslaccessories.com

So, I know this is all a matter of personal preference, but everyone feel free to chime in with advice/thoughts!

I've decided to go ahead a buy a CCI from Welcome | teslaccessories.com in anticipation of my MS arriving next month.

While I find the $400 price jump between the Standard and Custom disproportionate to the only thing you get (matching wood veneer), I'm already into this MS thing so deep, I decided to go for it.

Once I've made the leap to the Custom model, I'm now trying to decide between having the matching leather (in my case Gray), which seems to be the default choice, versus going with black, which matches the lower dash and floor, regardless of what seat color you have.

On one hand I like the black since it recedes into the background just a bit, with the matching wood (gloss obeche, in my case) acting as the unifier.

On the other hand, having the leather sides match the seats does seem the "obvious" choice.

I've only found one set of pics with the black/contrasting option: Soflauthor's center console insert - Page 37
All of the pics on the TeslAccessories website have the matching setup: Gallery | teslaccessories.com

So, I know this is all a matter of personal preference, but everyone feel free to chime in with advice/thoughts!

I think that matching your dash is a better choice. It just looks factory. I'm actually looking to do the same thing. Just wonder how much TM's own console will cost, but after looking at the pics, I kind of like the TeslaAccessories one more. Wish they would implement a rear center already.

I think I prefer the Tesla console, because it appears to be more functional. Hope it is reasonably priced. The Teslaccessories console looks a like it's made of better materials, but it only has one cupholder, and it wastes a lot of space.