TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Center Console Insert

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Bluchip, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Bluchip

Bluchip Member

While we MS owners are patiently awaiting the CCI (what's taking them so long?), what are you doing in the meantime? Where do you hide your "stuff". I'm looking for an idea that is as classy as the car. Photos of your work around would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. ABVA

ABVA Member

While I am waiting for the CCI, I am enjoying the openness.
    :biggrin::biggrin:

3. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

To clarify Tesla calls their center console the Premium Center Console.

Teslaaccessories sells the Center Console Insert (CCI).

I purchased the aftermarket Center Console Insert as soon as they were available and choose not to wait for Tesla.

Larry

4. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

I hear the Premium Center Console is made of unobtainium.

5. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

I picked up 3 office organizers from a local office supply shop and finally settled on this one.

IMG_7394.jpg

6. Bluchip

Bluchip Member

Love it! And thanks for the pic WeazL. I gotta think that some injection molding factory in the Far East has been patiently waiting for Tesla's order to arrive. Better yet, if you have a great design and a 3D printer, you can whip one up by tomorrow!:smile:

7. Librarian

Librarian Member

Keeping my floor clean. I can't stand clutter. The openness has forced me to get rid of anything unnecessary. The only thing that resides on my yacht floor is my phone and charging cable.

I ordered the center console too - I'd rather have the storage space long term.

8. tliving

tliving Member

I got an august ETA on mine. So far i'm going without anything there and I have to say i'm liking it and getting used to it. My main gripe is the cup holders. They're too close together for 2 "large" drinks plus you have to contort to reach them. I'd love 2 on the floor somehow. The CCI (aftermarket) only has 1. They claim 2 but its a hack since you lose the storage space. Plus that one doesnt use the space well. The Tesla one looks better but who knows as its not done...

9. Username

Username Member

Good one!

10. selsrog

selsrog Member

Anxiously awaiting having experience ;-).
    On topic, anybody experience with the products from Tesla & More?

They have a CCI *and* a hook!

11. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

This doesn't look attached (and definitely the items in it do not). How do you mitigate the projectile issue?

12. MiddKid

MiddKid Member

+1 on this.

Before receiving my car I put my name on "the list" for the CC. After owning my car for a month I will not be purchasing the CC. My phone and phone charger sit on the yacht floor. Sunglasses are in the area under the screen. Anything else (not much) is in the glove compartment. I find zero need for additional storage. Really enjoying the non-clutter.

I thought about why I was able to de-clutter...technology has evolved so much I don't need anything else. No more maps. No more CD cases. No more AUX cables. Phone charger and sunglasses are all I need day to day!

13. GDH

GDH Banned

That's awesome.