Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

center console iphone holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didnt get PUP, so i dont get the iphone holder piece. I took a look and its just a basic piece of plastic.

I have access to a 3d printer and was thinking about making a piece that can hold iphones/android phones.

Anyone know if there is already a 3d model for that part? It looks like the same as the Model S?

I ordered the unit from the Model S page and it works on my Model X. A couple things to think about before spending $50 for this. First, when your phone is docked, it is at such an angle that you really can't use it for maps, music or any other function you want to use. Second, sometimes I have to try a few times to get the lightning connector into my phone. Unless it lines up perfectly, I miss and feel like I am pushing the charger down and perhaps even bending it. I wonder if it will hold up over time. For me, I think I short cord plugged into the USB might have been a better option.

I ordered the unit from the Model S page and it works on my Model X. A couple things to think about before spending $50 for this. First, when your phone is docked, it is at such an angle that you really can't use it for maps, music or any other function you want to use. Second, sometimes I have to try a few times to get the lightning connector into my phone. Unless it lines up perfectly, I miss and feel like I am pushing the charger down and perhaps even bending it. I wonder if it will hold up over time. For me, I think I short cord plugged into the USB might have been a better option.
Agree mostly with that opinion. I just USB cord my iPhone 6Plus having a giant Otter cover, and set it between front seats pocket.
It's a working solution.....

I got the package but I have a ZTE android phone and the charger port is not in the center. So I took the stock peice with no hole and then just drilled one in. Just drill 2 holes side by side so you make an oblong hole and then push the charger cable through. It's working nice for me

I fully agree. I find it frustrating to use the dock. I just use a USB Lightning cable and tuck the wire in as much as possible. If there's no passenger, I leave the phone on the passenger seat. If there is, I leave it on the centre console.