Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center console LED light bar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is my center console lighting. I'm quite happy with it. Has a dimming feature.. I just used the led strips from one of the recommendations from the super bright led replacement trunk lights. Which I did as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20181230_163957.jpg
    IMG_20181230_163957.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_20181230_165002.jpg
    IMG_20181230_165002.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: Akikiki
Here is my center console lighting. I'm quite happy with it. Has a dimming feature.. I just used the led strips from one of the recommendations from the super bright led replacement trunk lights. Which I did as well.

Nice. First mod that puts the lights on the bottom. How exactly did you mount it?

I think I know which trunk mod you are referring to. Those lights are really bright but your image looks reasonable. It's not too bright?

Nice. First mod that puts the lights on the bottom. How exactly did you mount it?

I think I know which trunk mod you are referring to. Those lights are really bright but your image looks reasonable. It's not too bright?

No, the strip lights came with a dimmer switch... I just dimmed them quite a bit... They can go pretty bright if you want them to though.

I mounted a couple sections of the strip behind the removable plastic piece. The phone chargers are still usable with them mounted there.

My take on a similar mod. Addressable leds custom mounted under the dash near the air vent, aimed to diffuse the light across the top of the vent area 'ceiling'. Vent directional control still works like stock.

Used an a-led control module managed via BT app with 300+ lighting patterns. Controllable speed, direction and brightness (100% for the video but I usually leave it at 10% so its extremely subtle esp at night).

Also integrated an on-board mic to play to music:

Last edited:
Reactions: tracksyde and Dana1
My take on a similar mod. Addressable leds custom mounted under the dash near the air vent, aimed to diffuse the light across the top of the vent area 'ceiling'. Vent directional control still works like stock.

Used an a-led control module managed via BT app with 300+ lighting patterns. Controllable speed, direction and brightness (100% for the video but I usually leave it at 10% so its extremely subtle esp at night). Also integrated an on-board mic to play to music:

Nicely done @R1Fast Could you post the list of parts/links and some instructions?

Used an a-led control module managed via BT app with 300+ lighting patterns. Controllable speed, direction and brightness (100% for the video but I usually leave it at 10% so its extremely subtle esp at night).

Also integrated an on-board mic to play to music:

i love this idea. now integrate battery percentage feedback while the car is charging!

Any one tried connecting the LED light strip to the same raspberry pi zero used for sentry recording? Just thinking then you could programmatically control then color or the time of day the lights are on.

Not sure if there is enough power from one USB port to power both the pi and light strip but I’d be surprised if it’s an issue.