Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center console lid help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our MY is Austin 11/30/22 built and we have several issues. Major one is the lid of the center console would rub against the front passenger seat. We took it for service today and came back looking the same so we were wondering if this is normal for all MY?

This is the driver side and looks completely normal.
left.jpg

This is the front passenger seat rubbing against the center console.

Right.jpg

If you raise the armrest on the pivot, you can look at how the cover wraps around the sides of the armrest and see how the side width is restricted to the size of the bottom molded plastic frame. That allows you to eliminate the armrest for being defective in width.

If you use the side controls to raise the passenger seat bottom height, the rubbing should be eliminated. I'm guessing that the passenger seat bottom is at the lowest setting.

If you raise the armrest on the pivot, you can look at how the cover wraps around the sides of the armrest and see how the side width is restricted to the size of the bottom molded plastic frame. That allows you to eliminate the armrest for being defective in width.

If you use the side controls to raise the passenger seat bottom height, the rubbing should be eliminated. I'm guessing that the passenger seat bottom is at the lowest setting.

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried all height and recline adjustments and the center console lid still rubs against the seat. There was a mobile Tesla service SA who came to looked at it and he states that the seat is out of spec and needs to be replaced. He was going to order the seat and scheduled me for an appointment. After we got our car back and drove home, we noticed the issue is still there and they said it's within specs.