TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Center Console Not Powering Up/Exit Deep Sleep

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by linuxdrake, Oct 20, 2014.

1. linuxdrake

linuxdrake Member

Asking here in the forums as I am still waiting on callback from Tesla.

After 2 week vacation, I return to find the Tesla in what appears to be sleep mode. Note: I left the Tesla plugged into 220v 40A while I was away to ensure it would be using wall power to keep battery warm and what not. I also set the car to not use evergy savings, so not sure why it entered into this state.

I unplug the car, get in and step on the brake, and get the message: System is Powering Up. I then wait 5, 10, 15, 30 minutes, nothing.

Then I do the reset using both scroll wheels, nothing, try opening the door, exiting, lock, unlock, then reset again while pressing the brake pedal, nothing.

I then preform the Gateway reset, which involves pulling a 20A fuse for 30sec and reseating it, nothing.

The car does start after a while, allows me to drive, but no center console, no sounds from indicators or control over AC.

Anyone else have this situation? Any tips?

Thanks

2. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

Call service?

3. PlanB

PlanB Banned

Try plugging in the charging cord into the car to see if that jumps things into action again.

4. linuxdrake

linuxdrake Member

I have, they are working on it, but has been 4hrs since they emailed/called

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah tried that too, I was able to drive around the block and park, then plugged in again, no dice.

5. PlanB

PlanB Banned

#5 PlanB, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    My car has gone into deep sleep mode a few times and it does take a minute or two to wake up but never that long. I would just wait for Tesla to call you back.

6. linuxdrake

linuxdrake Member

Well looks like its going back to Service station tomorrow, still not sure the fix, will post once resolved.

Thanks

7. huntjo

huntjo Member

Only time I've seen it in such a deep sleep was after leaving it outside below zero for like 24 hours.

8. sistinas

sistinas Member

Did you reset by holding down both top buttons? I had to do that yesterday with the loaner.

9. linuxdrake

linuxdrake Member

Well got it back from Tesla, seems the whole Touchscreen just died :scared:
    Even the tech's don't know why, so had to be fully replaced. Lost all the customization's and what not, but back to normal.

The service station is sending it back to HQ to have engineering find out what happened.