TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Center console now standard

Discussion in 'Model S' started by cochese, Mar 20, 2016.

1. cochese

cochese Member

Looking in the design center, looks like the center console is now standard. No mention of it other than the updated image. Looks like no option to *not* have it.

I just confirmed and am happy either way. If they include it on my car, that's cool. If not, I'll still be happy.

2. HookBill

HookBill Member

This would be really nice. Keep it removable so the occupants have the option of taking it out if the situation arises. A 'transformer ' interior.

3. cochese

cochese Member

If you look closely, it appears to be integrated with the armrest as a single piece. This would prevent easy removal.

4. Tanquen

Tanquen Member

They updated the picture on the main page also. First new rims and now the console. I wonder if they'll be adding anything more noteworthy soon?

I think sales have been slowing and the M3 info bring all-over the place is not helping.

It also looks like the loan option is new. I'm pretty sure it just had lease and cash before.

5. zambono

zambono Member

My opinion is that these new standard items were supposed to be unveiled with the rumored refresh but they have run out of the previous items or had the new parts available and started to use them since they wouldn't reveal the larger updates. Obviously this is just a guess but with the 100D info, the incentives running out, 2 new changes, and current exterior design being 4 years old I think many are waiting on the refresh.

6. byan1232

byan1232 Member

Hmm if the center console is now standard, do we get a free upgrade if we took delivery a few days ago?

• Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
  7. HookBill

HookBill Member

Now, all we need is a rear seat center armrest with CUPHOLDERS!

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 1
  8. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

What's next? Remember this is a continuous improvement line and not necessarily "new" model release. The car may just transform/morph into what folks would call a refresh over time in minimally impactful and supply chain matched timeframe

Cooled seats
    Front door cards with storage
    Nose cone and led headlights with new shape
    Wood grain trim line (popular on x)
    Additionally camera/sensors popping up for autopilot 2.0 readiness
    And of course battery improvements

9. eclipxe

eclipxe Member

There are bigger changes coming in the next 15 to 30 days.

10. CTShore

CTShore Member

I like not having a center console.
    Hope to order a 3 without one as well. If it's standard, please make it removable!

• Like x 2
  11. HookBill

HookBill Member

I'm in on all these. I'm holding off on my MS order until my home remodel is done. These types of upgrades would be a cherry on the top.

12. Joules Verne

Joules Verne Member

Console standard and new standard wheels are both excellent changes!

Looking forward to seeing what the future holds.

13. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

Agree. I would hate to lose that spot. It makes the car look so crowded. Glad I have my AP Classic.

14. bradjc

bradjc Member

I'm glad this is now standard, prefer a centre console. But I had though they'd use the opportunity to redesign the arm rest/cupholder design. Not the best ergonomics IMO, but happy at least it's now included.

• Like x 2
  15. Petra

Petra Member

I'm with you guys... The open space is way more functional than a center console. Including the center console, especially if it isn't removable, is a step backwards as far as I'm concerned.

16. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

You keep saying that... and yet, it never happens. It's not going to happen this time either.

• Like x 2
    • Dislike x 1
  17. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

But you only have to be right once to be able to say, "I called it."
    ;)

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 2
  18. ed94582

ed94582 Member

I'm scheduled to pick up my P90D from the Fremont factory this Friday March 25th (confirmed on Feb 26th)-- I would love to get the center console included-- I'm going to call my DS tomorrow to confirm (or ask) that they include the center console in my delivery.

When did they make the changes to the website? Has anyone picked up in the last few days and can confirm they go the center console included?

19. bredi

bredi Member

Make the Auto Lift gate standard. Even cars under 30k have that. Plus, the Hatch is one of the largest lift gates too. Not to mention the amount of air compression made when slamming it shut!

20. HeIsAGod

HeIsAGod New Member

I like the option of the center console being a standard option, but I do with it were available without, or better yet, removable. That space is perfect for purse instead of the floor where everyone's feet go, or the seat so it can fly off and spill once a week.