Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center console now standard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking in the design center, looks like the center console is now standard. No mention of it other than the updated image. Looks like no option to *not* have it.

I just confirmed and am happy either way. If they include it on my car, that's cool. If not, I'll still be happy.

Looking in the design center, looks like the center console is now standard. No mention of it other than the updated image. Looks like no option to *not* have it.

I just confirmed and am happy either way. If they include it on my car, that's cool. If not, I'll still be happy.
This would be really nice. Keep it removable so the occupants have the option of taking it out if the situation arises. A 'transformer ' interior.

They updated the picture on the main page also. First new rims and now the console. I wonder if they'll be adding anything more noteworthy soon?

I think sales have been slowing and the M3 info bring all-over the place is not helping.

It also looks like the loan option is new. I'm pretty sure it just had lease and cash before.

My opinion is that these new standard items were supposed to be unveiled with the rumored refresh but they have run out of the previous items or had the new parts available and started to use them since they wouldn't reveal the larger updates. Obviously this is just a guess but with the 100D info, the incentives running out, 2 new changes, and current exterior design being 4 years old I think many are waiting on the refresh.

What's next? Remember this is a continuous improvement line and not necessarily "new" model release. The car may just transform/morph into what folks would call a refresh over time in minimally impactful and supply chain matched timeframe

Cooled seats
Front door cards with storage
Nose cone and led headlights with new shape
Wood grain trim line (popular on x)
Additionally camera/sensors popping up for autopilot 2.0 readiness
And of course battery improvements

What's next? Remember this is a continuous improvement line and not necessarily "new" model release. The car may just transform/morph into what folks would call a refresh over time in minimally impactful and supply chain matched timeframe

Cooled seats
Front door cards with storage
Nose cone and led headlights with new shape
Wood grain trim line (popular on x)
Additionally camera/sensors popping up for autopilot 2.0 readiness
And of course battery improvements
I'm in on all these. I'm holding off on my MS order until my home remodel is done. These types of upgrades would be a cherry on the top.

I like not having a center console.
Hope to order a 3 without one as well. If it's standard, please make it removable!
Agree. I would hate to lose that spot. It makes the car look so crowded. Glad I have my AP Classic.
I'm with you guys... The open space is way more functional than a center console. Including the center console, especially if it isn't removable, is a step backwards as far as I'm concerned.

I'm scheduled to pick up my P90D from the Fremont factory this Friday March 25th (confirmed on Feb 26th)-- I would love to get the center console included-- I'm going to call my DS tomorrow to confirm (or ask) that they include the center console in my delivery.

When did they make the changes to the website? Has anyone picked up in the last few days and can confirm they go the center console included?

I like the option of the center console being a standard option, but I do with it were available without, or better yet, removable. That space is perfect for purse instead of the floor where everyone's feet go, or the seat so it can fly off and spill once a week.