Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center Console on 2013 Model S

ScottinAZ

Aug 20, 2020
Arizona
I know this seems like a dumb question but I was wondering if the center console on my wife's 2013 Model S opens? This is the console under the cup holders and the sliding arm rests. It seems a large area and could have storage space but I cannot figure out how it would open or if it opens.

solidpro

Jan 6, 2020
Milton Keynes
I have a 2015 S with the barren wasteland of centre console - basically a massive empty tray between the front passengers. I'm amazed there aren't more companies making *affordable* inserts for this - seems to be either cheap rubber/dead skin things for £20 or good custom solutions for £500. Has anyone retrofitted a 2016+ centre console to their 2015 - how much of the newer type is required?

cookie99

Mar 14, 2016
California
I have a 2015 S with the barren wasteland of centre console - basically a massive empty tray between the front passengers. I'm amazed there aren't more companies making *affordable* inserts for this - seems to be either cheap rubber/dead skin things for £20 or good custom solutions for £500. Has anyone retrofitted a 2016+ centre console to their 2015 - how much of the newer type is required?

just use the door pockets to store your things... oh wait...

• Funny
Reactions: Natalie 1

bmah

Moderator, Model S/X, California Forums
Mar 17, 2015
Lafayette, CA, USA

I'm pretty sure that Tesla at one time offered a center console retrofit for pre-2016-refresh Model S. It had to be installed at a service center.

I personally like the open space and the yacht floor...it makes the front part of the cabin feel more open. My wife usually parks her handbag there if she's sitting in either of the front seats.

Bruce.

Jamesus

Feb 18, 2019
CA
I'm pretty sure that Tesla at one time offered a center console retrofit for pre-2016-refresh Model S. It had to be installed at a service center.

I personally like the open space and the yacht floor...it makes the front part of the cabin feel more open. My wife usually parks her handbag there if she's sitting in either of the front seats.

Bruce.

also the perfect spot to put your take out in lol

Reactions: Natalie 1

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC