TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Center Console Option

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by tmc2015, May 24, 2015.

1. tmc2015

tmc2015 Member

I was wondering if anyone has tried these? It is only 2.8" wide, so I was thinking maybe you could put two of them side by side in the current console and push back until they fit snugly?
    51vizsiDVkL.jpg
    Amazon.com: For Car Plastic Pocket Telescopic Dash Coins Case Storage Box Holder Container Style: Automotive

I haven't really figured out where to put my phone (I've read lots of options on here, forgive me if this one was already proposed somewhere).
    I think those coin holder could fit inside one - Amazon.com: Custom Accessories 91116 Coin Holder: Automotive.

I am also looking forward to an inexpensive rear cupholder solution. I saw a couple of the bags people were using in the front (Amazon.com : Britax Stroller Organizer, Black : Baby Stroller Attachable Organizers : Baby) but I was wondering if there might be something that people are using for the back seat that could set on the floor. Going to take a road trip this fall and I want the person in back to have a place to put their cup (and to not spill stuff all over my interior haha).

I don't want to invest in one of the professional consoles just yet - want to see if I can get used to having less stuff (only had the car for two days). Most the parking meters in my area still take coins, unfortunately, and having a place to store a phone so it doesn't slide out or around while driving is needed.

2. lg_golfs

lg_golfs Member

I literally just got one delivered oh an hour ago.

Its a little tough to open and looks quite plastic, but, fits in that little opening right below the screen. I have left it open and plan to use it for change. My glasses / sunglasses still fit in the opening with this thing in there.

More than happy to move it to the bowling alley and snap some pictures if you would like.

3. Dwdnjck

Dwdnjck Member

I use a leather covered cigar box that is 8 inches wide. It wedges in the front portion of the non- console and stays in place and mostly out of sight.

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

I was thinking about it and went with the Diono Travel Pal instead. Very happy with my choice!

D5BeSQx.jpg

5. tmc2015

tmc2015 Member

lg_golfs - that would be awesome if you don't mind. I wonder if it fits side to side vs putting two of them next to each other? Does it seem thick enough to fit that coin holder?

Cyclone - I like that Diono pack and saw it on Amazon as well. Does it have anything that can be used to fix it/attach it to something if I were to use it in the backseat?

Thanks for the quick thoughts!

6. Drucifer

Drucifer Active Member

Yep, it can be attached to something in the back seat. It has a "tail" that tucks into the crack in the seat and secures it from moving around.

However, this is my backseat solution. I have it connected to with a bungee cord to the center LATCH connector behind the seat. It's pretty big, but works great for my kiddo.

Amazon.com: Wolf 38601003 Console Deluxe Benchseat Tan: Automotive

7. lg_golfs

lg_golfs Member

Ok! Possibly more photos than you wanted :)

IMG_5437.jpg

It sticks out a bit this way

IMG_5438.jpg

IMG_5439.jpg

IMG_5440.jpg

It does not fit flush like this. Its simply resting on the sides of the console. Its able to rest in the console a little further up

IMG_5443.jpg

Think putting two next to each other here will be tough. A little further up? No problem

IMG_5444.jpg

IMG_5445.jpg

8. tmc2015

tmc2015 Member

Drucifer - thanks for sharing that link - interesting option and my interior is tan.

lg_golfs - no, those pictures are great. I am going to order two of them and see what happens. I'll also try the coin holder.

9. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

10. Drucifer

Drucifer Active Member

The tan on the unit isn't a perfect match. It is slightly darker and more greyish of a tan, but it isn't unpleasant, and the storage space is huge. After having a rear center console in my Chevy Volt, my child wasn't too keen on giving up that feature in daddy's new car.