TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Center Console Question - Matching wood or black sliding cover?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by SoCal Jimmy, Jul 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. SoCal Jimmy

SoCal Jimmy Member

I noticed that some cars have the matching wood accent on the sliding cover of the center console while others just have the basic black cover.

Was this an option or just missed on some cars? Should the console match the interior wood trim?

Attached Files:

2. snd92

snd92 Member

I have seen this small changes many times in "The Tesla World". I think it is due to part supply limitations. I have attached other examples of this below...

Attached Files:

3. arlorose

arlorose Member

I came here to ask the same thing. I have a loaner that only had 7 miles on it, and the sliding cover was wood. So much better than the black one, doesn't show fingerprints or dust. Would love to swap mine out.

OP, did you ever figure out the story here? My SA said he'd look into it, but I haven't heard back yet.

4. jjh1234

jjh1234 Member extraordinaire and plenipotentiary

I have the black slider in mine. I,too, have seen some newer ones with wood. I think it might be part of either the premium upgrade package or the leather/vegan upgraded seats. I don’t have either. The funny thing is I have the alcantara headliner. Sometimes I think Tesla just grabs any part they have laying around. Lol.

5. johnster007

johnster007 Member

Just took delivery and got matching carbon fiber. Looks nice.

6. tkdkenny

tkdkenny Member

Looking at the OP pictures; by the look of it they are both the cloth interiors, the one with the wood sliding cover has the latest interior (look at the seat design), the one with the plastic has the old interior.
    You can see the new design on the Tesla design page.

7. steele

steele Supporting Member

I have a matching wood sliding cover and I do not have the premium interior (base black multi-pattern) or upgrade package. Car was built in June.

• Informative x 1
  8. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

It was a running update that was added a few months ago. Mine has the ultra rare black top new style console without the rear cupholders. That makes the car worth at least 10k more...:eek:

9. ddimit

ddimit Member

Ihad the console installed in my 2015, it has the black slider cover. I hate it, doesnt clean up well at all. I have seen the wood ones and love the look. Would be nice to know if i could just order that part to replace as well

10. arlorose

arlorose Member

I pinged my service guy about it, hopefully, there's a part number.