Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center Console Removal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ibcs

Jan 31, 2010
Ohio
I searched the forum without success. I purchased the carbon fiber center console thinking I could self install. After looking at the console and removing the two screws underneath and the one at the front by the iPod connector I don't have a clue how it comes apart. I have a roadster 2.5.

Any suggestions or should this be done by the service center?

Thanks,
---Kent

I think the center console also attaches at the back to a bracket and to the passenger's side seat near the parking brake (I know that sounds crazy). I think you more or less need to remove the driver's seat to gain access to the nuts to remove the center console. At least, that's how I remember it working in the 1.5.

> I purchased the carbon fiber center console . . . from: _ _ _ _. (??)
--

Tesla Motors - I had the Model S in for service so I picked up the center console thinking it was easy enough to install. After my first look, I might be scheduling with the service center as it's included in the price. If I could do it myself easily I would self install. The 2.5 seems to be different than the 1.5, but I'm not sure about that either.

I think the center console also attaches at the back to a bracket and to the passenger's side seat near the parking brake (I know that sounds crazy). I think you more or less need to remove the driver's seat to gain access to the nuts to remove the center console. At least, that's how I remember it working in the 1.5.

If taking out the entire center console it does require to take the driver seat out as it is connected to the passenger seat. However, for the carbon fiber replacement you do not need to remove the entire center console, only the front part. I've removed it to install a lightning cable, i'll try to post photos tomorrow when I get home from traveling.

Tesla Motors - I had the Model S in for service so I picked up the center console thinking it was easy enough to install. After my first look, I might be scheduling with the service center as it's included in the price. If I could do it myself easily I would self install. The 2.5 seems to be different than the 1.5, but I'm not sure about that either.

You casually picked one up, whilst folks on the waiting list and who have paid for theirs have nothing?

You casually picked one up, whilst folks on the waiting list and who have paid for theirs have nothing?

I'm sorry I misled you with my first statement. I waited 3 1/2 months for mine to come in and was at the Columbus, Ohio service center and picked it up while having my 24k service done on the Model S. I ordered it and paid in full on 12/2/13 and it just came in last week.

- - - Updated - - -

If taking out the entire center console it does require to take the driver seat out as it is connected to the passenger seat. However, for the carbon fiber replacement you do not need to remove the entire center console, only the front part. I've removed it to install a lightning cable, i'll try to post photos tomorrow when I get home from traveling.

That would be great if you have any photos. From the sounds of it, I'm not the only one that has ordered the upgrade.

Thanks in advance,
---Kent

Last edited:
I searched the forum without success. I purchased the carbon fiber center console thinking I could self install. After looking at the console and removing the two screws underneath and the one at the front by the iPod connector I don't have a clue how it comes apart. I have a roadster 2.5.

There's a very tight clip and after you've removed the screws I found it easiest to just lever the center cover from the side. (Caveat: last time I did that was almost ~3 years ago, so I'm talking from memory). This thread is worth reading and there's a description of the center console removal in this post.