Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center Console Scratches

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is having problems with the center console. My center console was scratched on delivery. I now have had two successive attempts to replace it. Both attempts have had the replacement parts also scratched. Tesla said the center console part is wrapped in bubble wrap but it is so scratch prone, perhaps the bubble wrap is causing it to scratch. Anyways Tesla admitted that this is a problem and they will be on a call to discuss it and will get back to me tomorrow with an updated game plan. I’m patient with this since I’m confident Tesla will fix the problem but want others to be very careful to check out your center console if it’s being replaced due to scratches when taking delivery. It’s very possible the replacement part will also be scratched too, until they find a better solution.

I wrapped mine too, and the vinyl wrap got scratched on the first visit to the SC. They reimbursed me for the cost of the wrap, but now I have to redo it.

They shoulda made the center console out of Kevlar.

4A8CC3B5-DCCA-482C-9B9E-D06BA8B27096.jpeg

Just got a call from the service center. They’re working with the distribution team to get me a new center console that won’t be scratched in shipping.

But... He then tells me I don’t want to get your hopes up but another solution might be in the works. He said he would touch base with me on the best course of action by end of the week. Wonder if this suggests a new center console design?

• Informative
Reactions: KarenRei and T-Will
Just got a call from the service center. They’re working with the distribution team to get me a new center console that won’t be scratched in shipping.

But... He then tells me I don’t want to get your hopes up but another solution might be in the works. He said he would touch base with me on the best course of action by end of the week. Wonder if this suggests a new center console design?

Or perhaps just new console doors that don't have that piano black finish on them.

Reactions: radiocycle
I had mine covered with XPEL Stealth (matte finish) when they covered the front of the car with XPEL Ultimate. Not only does it protect the center console from scratches and fingerprints, I think it looks better than the piano black.

I had mine covered with XPEL Stealth (matte finish) when they covered the front of the car with XPEL Ultimate. Not only does it protect the center console from scratches and fingerprints, I think it looks better than the piano black.
That’s an interesting option. I just wrapped my car in Suntek Ultra. My detailer has offered to cover the center console in either the matte or clear option of Suntek Ultra. I’m tempted to go with the matte option instead of the piano black look.

Reactions: davedavedave
Same. Both wraps have been great. The matte console still shows some dust, but not at nearly the level as the OEM finish, and is essentially scratch-proof.

I'm looking to add a clear protection film to the console. I've seen the RPM Tesla 3m option. can anyone point me to another website offering this (even a self healing one). would like to know who's applied the clear and how they are liking it. Thanks