Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center console USB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up my MYP today and I am wondering if the USB ports in the center console to plug in my SSD is it USB C or A?

You might need to re think that plan to plug a SSD into the center console, since it appears model Ys have been delivered without data capability for the USB ports in the center console.

I found out I was lying. The center console data does not work. I did not know the car came with a USB stick in the glove box. I replaced it with my SSD and now it works. The whole time I was formatting and using that USB stick.

Thanks for confirming that!!

Yes its quite sad that they removed the data ports in the center console, not for the sentry mode but for music and controllers, and not telling anyone about it.

We were all probably thinking how did you get a special model Y.

Reactions: Oddmanout
Yup, as far as we know, the center USB-C ports are only for charging on any Model Y delivered post-2022. You will have to either live with a single USB port in the glovebox or find a compatible USB hub if you want to use other accessories.