TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Center Console Wrap Video

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by MTN Ranger, Jun 6, 2018.

1. MTN Ranger

MTN Ranger Member

Black brushed metal vinyl wrap on the center console.

• Like x 2
  2. JC_FTW

JC_FTW Member

very nice job, how long did it take you?

3. MTN Ranger

MTN Ranger Member

After trial and error, along with newly working with vinyl wrap, over an hour. I'm sure I can do it much faster now.

4. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Your avatar is great but its making me dizzy and drunnnnkkkk at the same timmmeeeeemmmmm.

5. MTN Ranger

MTN Ranger Member

Here is the matching black brushed metal door trim install:

6. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

I liked the look of a brushed black metallic look so went with the 3M black brushed metallic vinyl. Guys did a great job installing. Here's photos from our job.

IMG_9702.JPG

IMG_9703.JPG

IMG_9744.JPG

IMG_9773.JPG

Depending on the lighting (natural and overhead LEDs) the color can look black or to me deep dark walnut brown like in the last photo. More "yellow" cast light, more brown toned. I like the vinyl a lot and love no fingerprints, but not sure when I see it in more yellow lighting. With the dash being that lighter brown wood look I think it clashes in that light looking more dark wood-grained than black metallic brushed. All a matter of taste I guess but wondering if I would have preferred something else, not sure what though.

BTW the photos show @chojn1's son's cup inserts (two sizes).

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  7. Meknutso

Meknutso New Member

My brushed black metal... Sorry for the cell phone pics.

Attached Files:

8. Kenz

Kenz Member

Tesla needs to produce the cars with a matt finish for the center console instead of the gloss finish.
    That would save money for a lot of people that only wrap the console because the gloss finish shows scratches so easily.