Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked this elsewhere and don't recall a response. Hs the CCI been designed in a way that it won't rattle or squeak? Are the sides of it that come in contact with the well rubberized or something like that?

We've beta tested the CCI for the past 5 months in my Model S and in a few others. We have had no reports of rattles or squeaks. In the 5 months I've had it in my car, I haven't heard a single one (in many cases, I turned off the audio system and the air-conditioner while I drove to be sure I didn't miss anything). The reason is that the curvature of the side panels matches the curvature of the top of the Model S center panels and the upholstery (with its foam backing) acts as a very good damper. In addition, the base of the CCI pressure fits into the center channel, so again, there's no room for it to move or rattle.

Interesting discussion, but let me add a counterpoint as Sig owner. I like the open space. I am not a cupholder guy, think two cup holders in car plenty. No interest in more storage space and cluttering up the elegant open space plan of cabin. My wife may disagree (cupholders and storage space may be gender issue), but won't tell her about this site and center console option.

Another option that I found is shown below for $17 on amazon. Basically a black leather Tissue holder. Very nicely constructed and fits perfectly -- just flip it over. The flap on the bottom then becomes the cover. Keeps everything neat and hidden.

31U03HPUvZL.jpg
31%2Bx40YqFHL.jpg

Bluecell PU Leather Tissue Cover Box Case Holder for Home Office Car Automotive

Here's a pic of mine. $400 from Boris on the official forums. I didn't go for the phone mount which goes to the left of the storage bin...black leather and piano black are matched to my car, as is stitching. People think it came from the company.

photo.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a pic of one with the phone mount...
securedownload.jpeg

Interesting discussion, but let me add a counterpoint as Sig owner. I like the open space. I am not a cupholder guy, think two cup holders in car plenty. No interest in more storage space and cluttering up the elegant open space plan of cabin. My wife may disagree (cupholders and storage space may be gender issue), but won't tell her about this site and center console option.

Ditto for me. I like the open space which does not constrain the size and shape of whatever stuff I have that I want to dump there instead of on the floor or on the other seat. I use the cupholders only on long drives and not on daily routine runs. BTW, a standard Kleenex box fits snugly under and against the cubby leaving some space underneath it which is, in effect, a second cubby.

Ditto for me. I like the open space which does not constrain the size and shape of whatever stuff I have that I want to dump there instead of on the floor or on the other seat. I use the cupholders only on long drives and not on daily routine runs. BTW, a standard Kleenex box fits snugly under and against the cubby leaving some space underneath it which is, in effect, a second cubby.

+1 on this. Between the cubby and slipping a tissue box underneath, I'm all set ... need to figure out a space for change, though.

I really like the open space. In fact it's become the easiest way I've ever had to bring takeout home without worrying about stuff tipping over or spilling (in other cars I either risked the front passenger seat or took a risk on not tipping food over when placed on the floor where I can't reach it to stabilize).

That said, what has anyone thought of making a mini console that takes up the space below the cubby, but encloses it all the way to the floor? It could have 2 drawers, or one drawer and a shelf or 1-2 shelves. This provides some hidden/contained storage yet still gives you the majority of the open concept middle tunnel.

That said, what has anyone thought of making a mini console that takes up the space below the cubby, but encloses it all the way to the floor? It could have 2 drawers, or one drawer and a shelf or 1-2 shelves. This provides some hidden/contained storage yet still gives you the majority of the open concept middle tunnel.

In that case, there will be a fight between the Kleenex Box and wifey's bag for the remaining open space. :biggrin: