Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

center display startup issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
re 2017 model x 90d, on 2020.20.17

settings: energy saver is "off"..."always connected" is checked "on"

for about a month now, seems like the center display times out (goes to sleep) overnight....so when open the door and sit in the car, while the main screen light up right away but the center screen does not.....then in about 25 secs the tesla logo appears on its own (i don't have to touch anything)...and after another 20-30 secs, the screen lights up and i can start driving..more info:

after driving and parking during the day, when i renter the car the display lights up right away.... the longest i have let the car sit idle (after first drive) is about 5 hours and the display has no issues

i have checked the settings mentioned in different fora as above

cannot say if started after any particular update.

so any suggestions?

thanks

Known issue that the Feds are investigating. Your MCU memory may be at EOL (end of life). Every day Tesla’s are towed into service centers with this issue. In some cases they can get the MCU back online, but I’m most cases it requires replacement. A new fix is replacing the daughter board.

re 2017 model x 90d, on 2020.20.17

settings: energy saver is "off"..."always connected" is checked "on"

for about a month now, seems like the center display times out (goes to sleep) overnight....so when open the door and sit in the car, while the main screen light up right away but the center screen does not.....then in about 25 secs the tesla logo appears on its own (i don't have to touch anything)...and after another 20-30 secs, the screen lights up and i can start driving..more info:

after driving and parking during the day, when i renter the car the display lights up right away.... the longest i have let the car sit idle (after first drive) is about 5 hours and the display has no issues

i have checked the settings mentioned in different fora as above

cannot say if started after any particular update.

so any suggestions?

thanks

mine does that overnight, but it’s been happening more and more often when I’m only away for about 15 minutes.