Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Center Display Unavailable" message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see that in the app. When I go to service this is all I see:
1691537302360.png

I just got this display this morning. My car was delivered in January 2015, I had the LTE upgrade and they had to replace the entire MCU at that time, but that was a long time ago - about 2016. I am pretty sure that I have had the eMMC upgrade as well.

My car took a while to boot up this morning and the center display was dead for a while. I rebooted it via the scroll wheels and it came back and appears to be working fine, but the message has not gone away.

For the last few months I am getting the bubble issue on the dashboard display and apparently to fix that they need to replace the MCU. So maybe I need to bite the bullet and pay for a new MCU.

Has anyone seen the message go away on its own?
I got this message a few times and it has gone away on its own after some time, typically in a day. I stopped seeing this message after eMMC upgrade. A year after eMMC upgrade, I decided to upgrade to MCU2.

I don't see that in the app. When I go to service this is all I see:
Oh! I thought all saw what I do, I guess those with eMMC's replaced don't have this anymore? (which may confirm yours has been done?) Mine has been replaced, but by third party, so no record of that by Tesla, and it is working flawlessly so I won't let them touch it.

IMG_3428.PNG

IMG_3429.PNG

I got this message a few times and it has gone away on its own after some time, typically in a day. I stopped seeing this message after eMMC upgrade. A year after eMMC upgrade, I decided to upgrade to MCU2.
FYI my message went away on its own about a day after it appeared. Regarding eMMC/MCU, I have had the eMMC upgrade, but I have not had the upgrade to MCU2 yet.

I am in the same situation now. "Center Display unavailable. Driving and user settings could not be restored." After a couple of reboots, got the center console to turn on, which allowed me to turn off the car from the center console. After turning car back on (pressed brake pedal), after about 15 minutes, car now drivable and mobile app connects, but still have the "Center Display unavailable...." message. Still have MCU1, but eMMC replaced under recall some years ago. Car is a 2013 S85. Curious to know if other have experienced same and how things turned out.

I am in the same situation now. "Center Display unavailable. Driving and user settings could not be restored." After a couple of reboots, got the center console to turn on, which allowed me to turn off the car from the center console. After turning car back on (pressed brake pedal), after about 15 minutes, car now drivable and mobile app connects, but still have the "Center Display unavailable...." message. Still have MCU1, but eMMC replaced under recall some years ago. Car is a 2013 S85. Curious to know if other have experienced same and how things turned out.
Same vintage, same problem, it’s been doing it for years. It (mostly?) happens when the car goes into deep sleep (not driving it for a few days).
I think it’s just a software problem (a soft reboot may be required to fix it).
Sometimes the warning message sticks around for the current drive even though everything is working fine.
I had to replace the navigation SD card but that seemingly made no difference, and neither did the eMMC replacement.

Reactions: glangston