Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center Rear Seat Belt Sensor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I usually don't have anyone in the back seat. But, when I do, it's usually just one or two people and they are NOT in the center rear seat.

However, even with no one in the center seat, I keep getting the warning on the screen saying that the center rear passenger needs to buckle the seat belt. And, it's annoying as hell, because it keeps popping yo repeatedly!

Has anyone been able to get this fixed by Tesla? What's the solution?

The center seat sensor is really sensitive. When my son is in back and he leans over to see the front screen, placing his hand on the center section, the alert comes up. Annoying. Good idea on the belt clip though, I'll have to look into getting/printing one for the center seat!

Reactions: HeyEph
I went the belt clip route because I fold the seats quite often to load stuff in. The folded seat weight causes the seat belt indicator to go on and off on a regular basis with every bump which is annoying to say the least. Definitely solved my problem. IMHO, the seat belt indicator should default to off when the seats are folded as there is no way a passenger could sit there in that position.

Reactions: HeyEph