TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Center Screen Failed

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by simplesolar, Aug 20, 2013.

1. simplesolar

simplesolar Member

Woke up and pulled the plug and was about to drive my car. Noticed no music came on and center screen was blank and I tried restarting it, but didn't work. Got in the car and it took a while to start. Loud whining sound while the speedo read getting ready to restart. Computer tells me it requires service. The speedo was up and I am able to drive to the service center. No functions from the central computer worked. Didn't register my mileage as I was driving either and the screen was dimmer than usual. Anyone had this happen?

2. ntam

ntam Member

Did you try to reboot the center console?

3. simplesolar

simplesolar Member

yes, but it didn't work

4. hasselboxster

hasselboxster Member

This just happened to me at a little over 6000 miles.

Here's what service had to say, "The connectors to the high voltage system were faulting, causing the issues you had noticed. We will replace those high voltage connectors and verify that the issue has been resolved."

- - - Updated - - -

Also was explained to me that what eventually happened was the 12 volt battery was drained/low as a result.

5. elecblue

elecblue Member

Singapore (for next 2 years) previously Chicago, I
    It happened to me a few months ago. Had to get the entire center screen computer replaced. But TM service was superb!