Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center seats console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any of you x owners order the center console? I was thinking of adding as our kids grown. I think it would give vehicle sport coupe feeling and less van like feeling. Don't need to haul long things as I'm keeping my tundra.
Sales person thinks it might impact leg room. Just wondering if anyone has feature yet

If i ordered today i would get the center console for sure.

bear in mind that the 2nd row chairs are on pedestals so there is room for feet under the seats...

if it was my choice i would order a "4-seat w/ center console" option and put a set of the first row seats in the second row with full reclinability :) and possibly set back further, like an "executive" package for the X if you will, would be awesome.

Reactions: Cowby
I ordered it with the center console - the X is due to arrive on June 5 so I'll take pics.

I feel the third row is only comfortable with that gap open, so even putting your legs under the pedestal seat won't be comfortable for long. But for me, four is the max I'd likely have in the car...even that would be rare. Combine that with the nice look of having two rows of captains chairs with an armrest and it was an easy call for me. But I admit my use case won't be common!

Pics coming as soon as I have the car.

Reactions: qwertzy
I ordered it with the center console - the X is due to arrive on June 5 so I'll take pics.

I feel the third row is only comfortable with that gap open, so even putting your legs under the pedestal seat won't be comfortable for long. But for me, four is the max I'd likely have in the car...even that would be rare. Combine that with the nice look of having two rows of captains chairs with an armrest and it was an easy call for me. But I admit my use case won't be common!

Pics coming as soon as I have the car.
Just wondering when you ordered
My salesperson said not even released yet
Is yours coming when they projected?
Thanks, I'm leaning towards adding

If i ordered today i would get the center console for sure.

bear in mind that the 2nd row chairs are on pedestals so there is room for feet under the seats...

if it was my choice i would order a "4-seat w/ center console" option and put a set of the first row seats in the second row with full reclinability :) and possibly set back further, like an "executive" package for the X if you will, would be awesome.
The room under the 2nd row is pretty useless for the feet if you wear shoes. I have not been able to put my feet under there without my feet feeling crushed.

Yeah, sitting in the 3rd row is pretty rough as you almost need that middle space area to be able to put your feet. When the 2nd row seats go back detecting someone in the 3rd row they don't go back as far, but do still start to crush feet. I have to move mine to the middle area to be comfortable and sit sideways, or have the 2nd row move up some more. I couldn't imagine having the 7 seater. Hopefully the new console leaves some space for feet still in that option...

Yeah, sitting in the 3rd row is pretty rough as you almost need that middle space area to be able to put your feet. When the 2nd row seats go back detecting someone in the 3rd row they don't go back as far, but do still start to crush feet. I have to move mine to the middle area to be comfortable and sit sideways, or have the 2nd row move up some more. I couldn't imagine having the 7 seater. Hopefully the new console leaves some space for feet still in that option...

i care mostly for second row comfort at the end of the day and keep the 3rd row down most of the time, (i can't fit in the 3rd row, only the 10 year old girl in the family can manage) and i think the center console will be an awesome support to lean on for second row passengers...probably the best configuration for a limo company for sure.

I guess one thing that still isn't improved by just adding a console to make note of for those reading/maybe ordering is that when they remove the middle seat from 7 seater, the seats left behind are relatively narrow. My parents who aren't huge by any means, sometimes have issues buckling the seat belts as if they have a jacket on or bulky clothes they are covered up. I wish they would use a bit wider/more comfortable seats in the future if they are going to offer this configuration - with a console as well more built in. Perhaps the next gen model X will be better thought out.

It's definitely tight in the back. We have five kids, and some of my older kids complain that they don't have much leg room, but I think part of their complaints are because they want to be in the middle row operating the falcon wing doors! ;)