Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center Stack Touchscreen Speculation -- Adjustable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually that image makes met more excited about future models without the steering wheel. L5 for the win!
You want one without a steering wheel? You dont want to experience ludicrous mode whenever you want? Have your car be a tool and an extension of yourself for great utility? I want full automaton as much as you do but i gotta still be able to drive when i want.

Either way, there WILL be a center display through the steering wheel.
There's no way they are going to put auto pilot on a car, and make you look to the right, let alone your speed.
Even if it is on the far left corner of that screen, that's dangerous to look right for basic driving functions, and try to drive straight.
You naturally pull right, when looking right, and vice versa.

Either way, there WILL be a center display through the steering wheel.
There's no way they are going to put auto pilot on a car, and make you look to the right, let alone your speed.
Even if it is on the far left corner of that screen, that's dangerous to look right for basic driving functions, and try to drive straight.
You naturally pull right, when looking right, and vice versa.

tons of cars have center speedometers. However, I am not a fan of them.

Reactions: scott jones
Why? If you're concentrating on driving, you shouldn't even notice. I think it enhances the "I'm the future" motif. It will certainly be a conversation starter. Plus, the back of the panel gives one more place for a Tesla logo.
But I definitely don't want a conversation starter, a logo or unnecessary things as a prominent feature of the car - too gimmicky. This is going to be a high-production car that will be quite commonplace. The preproduction display frankly looks cheap, it's obtrusive, not well integrated - an afterthought that got tacked on. I don't want what is effectively a computer desktop in the middle of the car. The other preproduction details like the minimalist dash are good.

Reactions: Jayc and melindav
tons of cars have center speedometers. However, I am not a fan of them.
True, BUT those cars don't have autopilot, where you want to see what's left, right, front, back etc. Speed is a quicker check, that doesn't always matter, especially in cruise control. Regardless, I think if they're going to have autopilot available, which Elon says will be, it'll have to also be front and center.