Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center storage, cup holders and floor mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I added some custom fitted accessories.

View attachment 15237
View attachment 15239
View attachment 15240
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 838
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 788
Last edited:
It was an off the shelf product at my local super center. I took a lot of measurements and started cutting and working it to get it to slip in and under the monitor. I then bought a carbon fiber sheet and replaced the plastic storage compartment lid. I'm 6'6" tall and the arm rest cup holders did not work for me. It just slips in there with no fasteners. My wife thought I started cutting on the car and she about had a heart attack.

Consoles

Model 542
The carbon fiber board - DPL06_1212
DragonPlate.com

Is this the same one on Amazon.com? TSI Products 54211 Clutter Catcher Black OEM Look Minivan Console : Amazon.com : Automotive

- - - Updated - - -

I took a lot of measurements and started cutting and working it to get it to slip in and under the monitor.

Can you describe what you had to cut & trim to make this work? Was it something that any bozo like me can do or did it take some skill? At 6.75 inches wide it looks like it would be too wide but you clearly got it to fit no problem. I'm assuming the trimming was mostly related to the front of the unit to get it under the screen & cubby.

Found the same console at the local Walmart.

Been cutting pieces off to try to get it to fit.

Biggest remaining problem is the height.

To get it to fit - do you have to cut out the bottom of the large storage compartment?

This was a pretty inexpensive console - so I may end up buying a second one - after using the first as a prototype.

Would be helpful to have a little more explanation of what was done to get it to fit well.

I have a silver with gray interior - and the black & gray console actually doesn't look to bad - if I can get it to fit...

Last edited:
I was able to get the console cut down to the point where it fitted (even though it was being held together temporarily with duct tape).

Then after looking at it further - decided to take it out for now. While I think cutting this console and getting it to fit can provide two better cupholders, a place to hold the cell phone while charging and storage area the fits under the shelf - it didn't feel right in the clean interior of my P85...

So for now, I'm going to try running without the console. I found an inexpensive black storage bag to hold my loose items - which looks better in the tray - but doesn't provide any improvement over the built-in cupholders.