TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Central Indiana delivery -- lots of grey with grey photos

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by KKlabunde, Feb 9, 2013.

1. KKlabunde

KKlabunde Member

I don't have any heartwarming delivery stories for you, but what a great experience! Here are a few shots of the interior and exterior after I finally got it cleaned up. The car came through a snow storm from the Chicago location on Thursday on an open trailer, so it was pretty messy when it arrived. The gray leather is much nicer than I even hoped, and the overal color combinations are just fantastic. Tesla grin when driving and even just looking!

If you want to get a good sense of the actual leather color, look at the photos where the leather is shaded.

DSCN0375.jpg DSCN0368.jpg DSCN0370.jpg DSCN0373.jpg DSCN0376.jpg DSCN0382.jpg DSCN0377.jpg DSCN0378.jpg DSCN0381.jpg DSCN0384.jpg DSCN0383.jpg

2. dave

dave Member

Congrats!!!! She looks great!

3. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

Gray-on-gray plus lacewood = one stylish ride.

Congratulations! You've earned that Tesla grin.

4. Darmok

Darmok P5265 XP2065

That's a beautiful car, thanks for the pics. And my configuration other than my piano black. I'll live vicariously through your photos for seven more days!

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

@KKlabunde - Early concerns were that that lacewood is a bold choice, given variability in Tesla showing what it would look like. Are you happy with how it turned out? Better than, worse than, or exactly what you expected? Thanks.

6. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Very nice. I don't think there's any combo that can make the MS look bad! They all look amazing.

7. KKlabunde

KKlabunde Member

I definitely wouldn't call it bold. My lacewood has much less physical texture than the sample I chose from in the Tesla Store, which is probably good. The store sample was very "bumpy". Mine is very nice, with a subtle texture and REALLY good color. It is a dark wood, but has just enough wood/brown tones to really tie my gray interior together with the headliner color and black leather dash. It is better than I expected and a really excellent finish to the car...

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Thanks for the detailed description. I'm very glad you're happy with what they delivered.

9. MikeL

MikeL some guy

Thanks for taking pics w something better (apparently) than an old cell phone! They look really great. The grin's contagious. ML

10. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

Very elegant! Love the paint, and the lacewood on the dash. Congrats:smile:

11. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

We got to see this S in person yesterday at our home. Thanks for stopping by Kenneth. A beautiful family in a beautiful car. Photos simply do not do this car justice. The gray on gray is superb. I had never seen the gray interior in person. It's gorgeous!
    Drive it in good health!

12. blc1017

blc1017 Member

Ooohhhh...you have exactly my configuration! I can see I will be very, very happy!

13. Edward D

Edward D Member

14. KKlabunde

KKlabunde Member

It is definitely darker than how it appears in those photos. Even in the shade, the sun was still washing out the images to some extent. To a properly adjusted human eye (something cameras just can't do), I think you'll find it to be just what you saw in the store.

15. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Absolutely gorgeous combination, and gorgeous pics. That color combo was in my top three finalists, so glad to see a real life example. The grey is just stunning, especially in person, but these pictures do a great job of capturing its depth and hints of sea-shade colors. I'll be thinking of you as I drive by on I-70, if and when Tesla puts a Supercharge in Columbus, allowing me to make a work trip from Pittsburgh to Indianapolis!

16. KKlabunde

KKlabunde Member

I didn't know what to call the ever-so-slight hints of blue and green that are present in this gray. You nailed it with "sea-shade colors"!

My office is downtown Indianapolis, with 30A chargers in 4 parking spaces. Let me know if you are ever in Indy with your car!

17. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Excellent, I will certainly let you know, and come park next to you for a recharge! I typically work just a few blocks north of the circle when I am in town, at Citizens Energy.

18. Edward D

Edward D Member

I have read the gray color referred to as Dolphin Gray, which I think is a good descriptive.