TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Central Jersey Tire Places + Mileage From Tires

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by talhas3, Aug 14, 2018.

1. talhas3

talhas3 Real Estate Investor

Hey Folks

I'll be needing to change my tires on my S75D prolly in a month or two. Tesla has already recommended that I change the tires. My current tires are the Goodyear Eagle Touring 245/45R19 98W.

I honestly didn't expect the tires to last such a short time. Im currently just under 16k miles and month and a half away from my first year anniversary.

For anyone here in Central Jersey, would appreciate your recommendations on tire places to get tires replaced.

Also, in general, I would like to know how long the tires have lasted for folks so I can gather some statistical data. Please include the brand of tires you've had so it helps me connect the dots.

Thanks

2. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

- After 36,000 miles, tires are down to 4/32 all around, so I would give 18" Michelin Primacy an ~40,000mile lifespan, on an AWD Model S 70D, with occasional spirited driving/launches and always full-regen-braking

-tires wear was very even within 1/32 measurement among all tires over the past 3 years for my 70D (AWD), and only rotated once

3 Year/36,000 report, my experience w/ Tesla