Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Central Texas Roadster meetup and Drive - Sept/Oct 2019?

Where would you want to go, if available for a central Texas meetup?

• Stay close to Austin

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Marble Falls and back to Austin area

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fredericksburg and back to Austin area

• Other

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finished a wonderful meetup with some Texas Roadster owners and a "warm" 60 mile drive this morning. It really is a special feeling meeting fellow roadster enthusiasts. I'll get some more photos up, but here is a couple previewing the cars. We got 8 roadsters to Austin: 2 from both Dallas and Houston, 1 from San Antonio and 3 local Austin cars.
Roadster 2019 020.JPG
Roadster 2019 042.JPG
Roadster 2019 045.JPG

Sorry to have missed this. . . Clearly I need to monitor this forum more closely in the future.

I live about 100 miles from Austin, but I have taken a couple of day trips to Bee Cave, around Lake Travis (Bullick Hollow Road, Lime Creek Road) and back up past the wildlife preserve (Cow Creek Road) as I looped back to Marble Falls. Roughly 270 miles driven, with multiple charging stops, it was about the most miles I've ever put on my Roadster in one day, but it made for a very pleasant journey.

Sorry to have missed this. . . Clearly I need to monitor this forum more closely in the future.

I live about 100 miles from Austin, but I have taken a couple of day trips to Bee Cave, around Lake Travis (Bullick Hollow Road, Lime Creek Road) and back up past the wildlife preserve (Cow Creek Road) as I looped back to Marble Falls. Roughly 270 miles driven, with multiple charging stops, it was about the most miles I've ever put on my Roadster in one day, but it made for a very pleasant journey.

Tony, we’d be thrilled to have you next time. We were briefly discussing scheduling one in January / February when the weather is mild. Hoping to get over 12 cars next time, as there were 4-5 Dallas owners that couldn’t make it.

Reactions: AtAge19
A bit late in the reply but thanks for organizing. Thinking now of trading #302 for a new MY this spring. would hate to see it go, but life happens :)
Well then, we should go ahead and schedule another meetup before you trade in.

There is a FULLY CHARGED show coming to Austin COTA on Feb 1 & 2, 2020...not as huge as ACL timeframe for the last one, so should not be as much of an issue for those coming in from out of town and need a hotel stay.

@efreedom message me your contact info if you want to be added to the group (at least until you trade). I have a spreadsheet with contacts I can add you to and send you the link to...

There is a FULLY CHARGED show coming to Austin COTA on Feb 1 & 2, 2020

I am thinking of attending Fully Charged over the weekend of Feb 1,2. If we do another Roadster drive and meetup over that weekend, it would be nice to have our meetup so that it didn't conflict with the scheduled times for Fully Charged. For example we could do an early morning drive on Saturday or Sunday. Perhaps if we do a morning drive, we can start somewhere in the area and arrive at COTA before 10am when the event starts? The people who attend Fully Charged can stay at the event, and those that don't can continue on the drive?

Reactions: im4uttx
I am thinking of attending Fully Charged over the weekend of Feb 1,2. If we do another Roadster drive and meetup over that weekend, it would be nice to have our meetup so that it didn't conflict with the scheduled times for Fully Charged. For example we could do an early morning drive on Saturday or Sunday. Perhaps if we do a morning drive, we can start somewhere in the area and arrive at COTA before 10am when the event starts? The people who attend Fully Charged can stay at the event, and those that don't can continue on the drive?
Too bad they probably would not allow us to do a few laps on COTA... :)

I can agree to an early drive...let me see what I can find...

FC is looking for Tesla owners to provide short rides from parking to the entrance, I believe...was thinking of offering my Roadster for single passengers needing a ride...I'll check more into that.