Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Central Washington Tourism Survey

During the last 36 months have you been to or through this town in any type vehicle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Plug-In North Central Washington is teaming with a major EVSE network operator to propose L3 charging opportunities in central Washington under RCW 46.17.323. This legislation requires that the first million dollars collected be used to improve EV infrastructure. The Department of Transportation has held several information gathering session around the state and has held hearing in Olympia to target potential locations for L3 charging.

The purpose of this survey is to determine where you have traveled during the last 36 months. We are not concerned if you drove your EV or another type of vehicle. We would simply like to know if you have been to or through any of these central Washington towns. Again, these towns do not have to have been your destination.

Reactions: goneskiian
That's exciting to hear! My wife and I were just looking into a multi-day trip to Chelan and Leavenworth though there isn't much there, at least in terms of official Tesla superchargers and destination chargers. With all of the tourism dollars going to Washington's playground, having EV infrastructure to enable that sort of trip would be huge. Perhaps it's there too, just not well-known.

That's exciting to hear! My wife and I were just looking into a multi-day trip to Chelan and Leavenworth though there isn't much there, at least in terms of official Tesla superchargers and destination chargers. With all of the tourism dollars going to Washington's playground, having EV infrastructure to enable that sort of trip would be huge. Perhaps it's there too, just not well-known.

Central Washington has plenty of 80A J1772 charging opportunities. The City of Chelan has four haL2 units; Campbell's Resort, City Hall and the Mellisoni Winery. All of these are free to use.If you use PlugShare, be sure to have J1772 selected as a charger type or they will not show on the map.

One problem with the poll is that some of the farther flung sites currently don't have charging (i.e., Republic). I would go to Republic and Chewelah, for instance, if there were chargers there.

Good comment. We are planning a follow up survey that asks about where you have driven your EV. BTW Republic has an L2 charger that Plug-In NCW helped install. It is a solar offset charger that will cost the Ferry County PUD no money for the electricity used.

Good comment. We are planning a follow up survey that asks about where you have driven your EV. BTW Republic has an L2 charger that Plug-In NCW helped install. It is a solar offset charger that will cost the Ferry County PUD no money for the electricity used.

I don't see an L2 plug either on plugshare on the plug-in NCW website. There are 14-50's on Curlew at an RV park in plugshare nearby.
I noticed the one in Davenport isn't showing on any of these sites either.

I also checked the Sun Country Highway map. Nope, neither Republic or Davenport are listed.

Davenport haL2 is not complete as of this week. We only post to the APPs after we have validated the installation. The Republic L2 is there and operational, I will check with Ferry County PUD to see if they intend to place it on driver APPs. I am completely sure they will. I drove past it today but did not stop as i was in a hurry to get home.

Davenport haL2 is not complete as of this week. We only post to the APPs after we have validated the installation. The Republic L2 is there and operational, I will check with Ferry County PUD to see if they intend to place it on driver APPs. I am completely sure they will. I drove past it today but did not stop as i was in a hurry to get home.
Ahh, gotcha. Thanks Jack!