Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Centralia, WA Burgerville Model S to Roadster HPC adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you happen to look at the transformer box in an empty parking lot next to the Dress Barn outlet building on the west side of I-5? I saw utility location paint and a couple new wood stakes in the ground. McD's is kitty-corner from that parking lot.

Burgerville seemed interested in having Superchargers at their location. They might have enough space. I don't know how much space is needed. Exapansion might be an issue there. There is some idle real estate next to Burgerville. I looked at some plat maps in the area. Plenty of opportunity it seems. There is less traffic congestion on the East side of I-5.

Starbucks seems to have far less space available than Burgerville. Bill and Bea's burger bar appears to have room and it isn't too far from Starbucks. Not quite as ideal as the corner by the Dress Barn behind Denny's & the Country Cousin Restaurant.

There is definitely a lot of space for several super chargers in this lot but I don't know if this will be the spot. Lance in Bellevue stated that the super chargers will be installed by the Starbucks, but, he could have had old info at that time. Not sure what the paint marks and stakes mean.

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

With the second most Model S's sold outside of CA, and the most per capita, I would think WA would get some Supercharger love soon.

My vote would be by the Burgerville, but that's just because we stop there every time we drive down to OR. :) And there's a great park a short walk from there that we let the kids run around for a bit.

I'm not confident there will be any movement on the NW superchargers until the end of the year. I had a talk with the guys at the Washington Square store and they did not know where the Oregon locations were planned.
Guess it depends on who you talk to. Today at th WA Sq store, fellow there was quite optomistic that there would be one right soon in the Centrailia area.

Today the Roadster HPC was inop, a model S on the way to Las Vegas was on the HPWC, so I got some time on the 14-50, which is better than a 30 Amp J1772. Got enough to get to Burgerville - hope it is available.

Guess it depends on who you talk to. Today at th WA Sq store, fellow there was quite optomistic that there would be one right soon in the Centrailia area.

Today the Roadster HPC was inop, a model S on the way to Las Vegas was on the HPWC, so I got some time on the 14-50, which is better than a 30 Amp J1772. Got enough to get to Burgerville - hope it is available.

Hey I saw your car there today! All parking spots were in use. And I talked to Justin too about his trip South.
How was your trip/charge time?

And yes, rumors are leaning towards late June install for the corridor. Lets hope so.

Hey I saw your car there today! All parking spots were in use. And I talked to Justin too about his trip South.
How was your trip/charge time?
Worked out just dandy. A couple of hours on the 14-50 easily got us to a shop my wife wanted to visit, and then to Burgerville in Centralia. Pretty sure we could have made it home without stopping, but I've had enough nail bitters in the LEAF, so a quick charge while grabbing 'bite to eat got us home with plenty to spare.

Inoperable or unavailable? If it is inoperable, I'll look into it. I'm thinking that it might be busy this coming weekend because of Mother's Day.

I just placed an order for my Model S and do the Seattle-Portland route quite often.

Is it still possible to get in on this adapter? Thanks!

Chris

You might wait to see what the upcoming Supercharger announcement reveals. If you still want to participate in the adapter share after that news you can send me a PM and I will reply with details on how to go about it.

I drove up to Centralia today to have lunch. That seems reasonable - it's only ~2h each way! My first venture far enough away from home, that I would need to charge if I wanted to return.

Mission accomplished, though sadly no other Teslas while I was there this afternoon. I did meet another gentleman who was out scouting, though he didn't have his S with him (maybe awaiting delivery).

Gotta say - I really appreciate Burgerville making the charger available. I'm new enough that I don't know the history, but they and all of the other businesses providing Roadster high power charging up and down the west coast are very much appreciated.

image.jpg

I was at Burgerville yesterday and found the charging cord damaged. It still worked but I don't believe the manager is comfortable leaving it and possibly have an electrical shock risk on the property. It may have already been turned off. If this was not vandalism, I ask that we drivers be more careful with these chargers out of respect to the property owners and other drivers

I was at Burgerville yesterday and found the charging cord damaged. It still worked but I don't believe the manager is comfortable leaving it and possibly have an electrical shock risk on the property. It may have already been turned off. If this was not vandalism, I ask that we drivers be more careful with these chargers out of respect to the property owners and other drivers

What a bummer. I'll send a note out to adapter participants about the charger damage so that they are aware that it may be out of service.

Looking at it, it may have just pulled loose (friction fit collar), by honest, even light wear and tear. Someone may have stretched the cable to reach just a bit too much. If repaired in the same way it's built, it may pull at this collar again.

The insulation wrap/collar needs to inserted nearly twice as far to prevent this happening again.