Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Centralia, WA Burgerville Model S to Roadster HPC adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has little effect on me personally, as I own an adapter and also participate in the shared adapter. However, I voted to move it because, without the adapter, there is currently no fast charging at all on the east-west route. I still think that is the right choice. However, one compromise might be to move the adapter to Ellensburg only temporarily. That is, keep the lock box mounted at Burgerville, get an additional box for Ellensburg, and then move the adapter back to Burgerville once the superchargers are operating in Ellensburg. That way we would get redundancy at Centralia once the immediate needs for fast charging in Ellensburg have been met.

It has little effect on me personally, as I own an adapter and also participate in the shared adapter. However, I voted to move it because, without the adapter, there is currently no fast charging at all on the east-west route. I still think that is the right choice. However, one compromise might be to move the adapter to Ellensburg only temporarily. That is, keep the lock box mounted at Burgerville, get an additional box for Ellensburg, and then move the adapter back to Burgerville once the superchargers are operating in Ellensburg. That way we would get redundancy at Centralia once the immediate needs for fast charging in Ellensburg have been met.

That might be the best idea yet. I have been talking with a contact in Ellensburg because I think that the box in Centralia is too big for their situation. Someone was going to run out there and take some measurements. I'll pass this idea on to them, unless there are any objections to your suggestion.

Awesome idea Doug, I vote yes for that! I'd throw in more $$ even for a second one so we have one in both Centralia and Ellensburg as well.

I'd like to add a +1 for leaving the box at Burgerville if possible.
When I stop to supercharge at Centralia I will be trying to figure out how to get to the Burgerville from the superchargers. If I don't need a supercharge, but just want to stop and eat - Burgerville is where I am going.

I'd like to add a +1 for leaving the box at Burgerville if possible.
When I stop to supercharge at Centralia I will be trying to figure out how to get to the Burgerville from the superchargers. If I don't need a supercharge, but just want to stop and eat - Burgerville is where I am going.
By car it's...
  1. Left onto the street.
  2. Follow the curve to the right.
  3. Left onto Hav. street.
  4. Left on main road.
  5. Cross under the freeway.
  6. Pass 2-3 lights, turn left at the light or after the light when you see Burgerville on the left. If you do it at the light, take a right and curve to the right around the drivethru lane.

By car it's...
  1. Left onto the street.
  2. Follow the curve to the right.
  3. Left onto Hav. street.
  4. Left on main road.
  5. Cross under the freeway.
  6. Pass 2-3 lights, turn left at the light or after the light when you see Burgerville on the left. If you do it at the light, take a right and curve to the right around the drivethru lane.

I know where it is... what I mean is that I am going to park my car at the supercharger and then have to walk to and from Burgerville.
I don't really want to walk 1/2 a mile each way. I'm thinking about keeping a folding bike in the frunk.

I know where it is... what I mean is that I am going to park my car at the supercharger and then have to walk to and from Burgerville.
I don't really want to walk 1/2 a mile each way. I'm thinking about keeping a folding bike in the frunk.
I suspected you might have meant that. :)

It's a relatively short walk. I did the same thing in reverse (to SC and then back) when charging at Burgerville. Also I hit the outlet stores on both sides. It was pleasant and not long.

Burgerville Adapter going on a vacation to Ellensburg

The adapter at Burgerville, Centralia will be removed from its Lock Box late today or early tomorrow. The lock box will stay at Burgerville. The adapter will be on temporary loan to Ellensburg's HPC until they get their Superchargers this Fall. After their Superchargers are in place, it will return to Burgerville in Centralia.

The folks in Ellensburg just ordered their lock box. I believe that they are hoping to have it in service around August 9th. I'll double check on the date.

Great news and nice compromise. if there is an Ellensburg HPC adapter hat going round, I'd be happy to contribute to it!

The adapter at Burgerville, Centralia will be removed from its Lock Box late today or early tomorrow. The lock box will stay at Burgerville. The adapter will be on temporary loan to Ellensburg's HPC until they get their Superchargers this Fall. After their Superchargers are in place, it will return to Burgerville in Centralia.

The folks in Ellensburg just ordered their lock box. I believe that they are hoping to have it in service around August 9th. I'll double check on the date.

The Burgerville HPC adapter has been removed from its lock box and it is awaiting a new lock box for Ellensburg. It should be put into service around August 9th. The adapter will return to Centralia in the Fall if the Ellensburg Superchargers are on time.

Burgerville is happy to hear that we will be sticking around. I passed along to them some of the comments about how loyal some TMC members are. Maybe Burgerville will start thinking about installing their own chargers at other locations. We can hope... and maybe encourage them a bit!

I'll send out an accounting to all adapter share members with an a summary of the funds that have been contributed and dispersed.

Special note: Their seasonal Walla Walla Sweet Onion Rings are on the menu now! Yum!

Hi!
i am a new model s owner. Vin p14061. I am planning a trip to Spokane in the middle of August and would love to be able to stop off and charge somewhere in Ellensburg. I don't have dual chargers so I don't know if the HPC is my best bet? Would be happy to chip in.

Hi!
i am a new model s owner. Vin p14061. I am planning a trip to Spokane in the middle of August and would love to be able to stop off and charge somewhere in Ellensburg. I don't have dual chargers so I don't know if the HPC is my best bet? Would be happy to chip in.
Without twin chargers, your best bet is to find an RV park with 50 amp service. Alternatively, there are a few public chargers you can find on Recargo.com or PlugShare. You will not be able to take full advantage of the Roadster HPC, although if you participate in the adapter share, the HPC will probably be about the same speed as the 50 amp RV park, and somewhat faster than most public chargers.

Hi!
Welcome to the forum. If you are interested in joining the group, you should contact v12 to 12v.

At the same location as the Roadster HPC, there are three J1772s, which I assume are 30 Amps. Decent eateries nearby - The Tav is my favorite.

Also, sort of hidden, is a 14-50 outlet at CWU Dean Hall, 1200 N D St - faster than a 30 Amp J1772 and free.